• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Recent BMS update

I have fully charged with granny charger I have reset journey stats my voltage is 443 at max will I need new update?
20210221_093649.jpg

Picked car up on the 18th Dec 2020 with all updates applied at the time
I picked my car up on 23rd December and it had comfort 2 and BMS update done. Took it back on 1st February to have the new BMS update released on 15th January 21. This has given me better range and quicker charge/balance times.

After 9 full balance charges I'm now on 449v as it should be.

Your dealer will confirm from your vin number that you have the duff BMS update. MG sent out a list after 16th January.

I think I may have the duff update after it went in November last year, it does allow me to charge on a 7KW whilst the car is unlocked which I find really useful. If you have the latest BMS update can you still charge whilst unlocked ?

I think I may have the duff update after it went in November last year, it does allow me to charge on a 7KW whilst the car is unlocked which I find really useful. If you have the latest BMS update can you still charge whilst unlocked ?
I can

Thanks Trevor, that's good to know, thought I read somewhere that you loose this benefit with the correct BMS update.

Good to here. Can anyone tell me the bulletin or serial number of the latest BMS update, my garage is Apple MG, Meopham, Kent and they are a bit clueless.

Good to here. Can anyone tell me the bulletin or serial number of the latest BMS update, my garage is Apple MG, Meopham, Kent and they are a bit clueless.
I am certain that ALL of the previous BMS updates that was causing the problems, have now been removed from the MG data Sip's system now anyway.
The new BMS update that replaced the previous "Buggy" updates was released on the 15th Jan 2021.
That update ( to the best of my understanding ) is NOW the only one available to apply.

Man..if you bought any other product and it only did/produced half of what it said it did that product would be returned for a full refund. Would you want to buy a pint of milk...get a half pint. Buy a movie and it stopped half way through...not me !
Avoid the December BMS update. Had a lot of problems after the BMS update in early December - the range dropped about 100 km - the real range now is about 140 km only. Every day I get multiple warnings "Slow Charge the Vehicle" although I have slow charged the vehicle almost every night. One cannot trust the numbers of remaining km at all. One has to divide it by 2 to get the realistic range after the update. The other day it showed a "Low Charge" warning at 96 km... Moreover, the voltage is down to 428 and even 419 volts. Something stinks here.
The car has been at the dealership for more than 20 days, I’m using their car - at least this is nice. They are struggling to get it back to normal.
I'm not the only one - met a guy with similar problems from another city - his car is in the MG garage for two weeks already.
Yesterday they called me from the MG garage Jerusalem and said that my car will soon be ready - the truth is, however, as I was told that there are other clients lining up with exactly the same problem and they need their demo car back...

Surely the dealerships must get release notes from MG for software updates. I’m thinking that the latest update is designed to further protect the HV battery pack and improve longevity. It seems to reduce top end voltage. The bugs contained in previous updates have further clouded the issue but it may well be that this latest update was coming anyway. If you were fortunate enough not to have the bug filled update then the battery balance fiasco may well not apply to you. Come on MG provide some clear guidance to your customers!
Avoid the December BMS update. Had a lot of problems after the BMS update in early December - the range dropped about 100 km - the real range now is about 140 km only. Every day I get multiple warnings "Slow Charge the Vehicle" although I have slow charged the vehicle almost every night. One cannot trust the numbers of remaining km at all. One has to divide it by 2 to get the realistic range after the update. The other day it showed a "Low Charge" warning at 96 km... Moreover, the voltage is down to 428 and even 419 volts. Something stinks here.
The car has been at the dealership for more than 20 days, I’m using their car - at least this is nice. They are struggling to get it back to normal.
I'm not the only one - met a guy with similar problems from another city - his car is in the MG garage for two weeks already.
Yesterday they called me from the MG garage Jerusalem and said that my car will soon be ready - the truth is, however, as I was told that there are other clients lining up with exactly the same problem and they need their demo car back...

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom