• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Red warning - Slow Charge this Vehicle

I was wondering if it was possible to equalise on a 7KW charger. I don't have access to charging at home so can't use the granny charger.

When I was at Tesco charging on their PodPoint 7KW I noticed the badge was illuminated (first time I've noticed this) but I unplugged it before it went off (only three hours parking allowed)

Not had this warning yet though, but the car is only 3 weeks old and 1000 miles on the odometer.
How often are people having to equalise their batteries?
Your local CoOp in Codsall opens from 7am to 10pm that should give you long enough time to equalise the battery!

I did a lot of research on available chargers in my area and the ones I frequent. I live in a small village so there aren't many users of the PodPoint, so I can leave it on charge until it's full. Tonight I'll be leaving it charging over night so it can balance.
I keep my old ICE car parked up near the charger and then when I charge I take my ICE car home and leave the MG to charge.
I used to spend £120-£150 a month of petrol, now I use about £10 a month and my electricity is free so I'm quids in.

Your local CoOp in Codsall opens from 7am to 10pm that should give you long enough time to equalise the battery!
I did a lot of research on available chargers in my area and the ones I frequent. I live in a small village so there aren't many users of the PodPoint, so I can leave it on charge until it's full. Tonight I'll be leaving it charging over night so it can balance.
I keep my old ICE car parked up near the charger and then when I charge I take my ICE car home and leave the MG to charge.
I used to spend £120-£150 a month of petrol, now I use about £10 a month and my electricity is free so I'm quids in.
That makes a lot of sense and such a big saving

OK. Now I'm concerned.

As previously covered, I left the car for full equalisation earlier this week (Tuesday night/Wednesday morning) and it took hours.

Today, I charged the car up again, and it was at 100% by about 3.00 p.m. (charge through the day with PV cells!) but the car is still on the Equalisation process, that started over 6 hours ago!!!

Should I be worried? Is this normal?

I have only equalised mine the once last week and it took 6+ hours .i expected it to be quicker next time if i didn't leave it as long in between equalisations ,but it looks like thats not the case .i will be charging mine in the next few days and i will post my findings mine has the comfort 2 update as was new October 2020

The August BMS update has a bug that means equalisation takes ages. The October fix for that didn’t work properly and caused the reduced voltage / range issues some are seeing.

If your car is taking forever to balance, it’s got the earlier one.

Best costume ever .. nice one.maybe a less confusing pic is needed for my old eyes ...mate

The August BMS update has a bug that means equalisation takes ages. The October fix for that didn’t work properly and caused the reduced voltage / range issues some are seeing.

If your car is taking forever to balance, it’s got the earlier one.
On the plus side if it takes so long to equalise ,we have got probably the best update for the moment

Attachments

• IMG_20190824_184957.jpg
    IMG_20190824_184957.jpg
    431.7 KB · Views: 132
Cant see any mention here of using the 3 pin 3 KW home charger supplied, this IS a real slow charge option that gives the time needed to do the job well. Having done this equalisation whilst away in the sticks, I found that the range capability had increased from normal 163 to 176 a useful boost for a range worry free, home trip

Cant see any mention here of using the 3 pin 3 KW home charger supplied, this IS a real slow charge option that gives the time needed to do the job well. Having done this equalisation whilst away in the sticks, I found that the range capability had increased from normal 163 to 176 a useful boost for a range worry free, home trip
Makes no difference to the effectiveness of the equalisation whether it’s done on the granny charger or a 7kW one.

Makes no difference to the effectiveness of the equalisation whether it’s done on the granny charger or a 7kW one.
[/Q
UOTE
Before having my 7kw charger fitted i used the granny charger and range was 5 or 6 mile more

OK. Now I'm concerned.

As previously covered, I left the car for full equalisation earlier this week (Tuesday night/Wednesday morning) and it took hours.

Today, I charged the car up again, and it was at 100% by about 3.00 p.m. (charge through the day with PV cells!) but the car is still on the Equalisation process, that started over 6 hours ago!!!

Should I be worried? Is this normal?
How do u know it is equalizing ? Does it say on a screen somewhere ?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom