• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Regen advice please

Gwynfor Hughes

Established Member
Reaction score
Taken my new MGZS out on a few trips now the longest being a 22 mile round trip.
I have kept the car on Regen level 3.
Is that Ok?
Am I doing any damage to the car keeping it in this mode?
Is there a general rule of thumb with regards to which level to be driving in?.
Thanks all.

Keeping the car in level 3 regen mode all the time is perfectly fine. You're simply recovering the energy normally lost in braking.
It is really down to your preference which mode to choose. I like level 3, the almost one foot pedal game.
I would recommend level 1/2 for motorway driving or for new drivers to get used to the effect.

Last edited:
Taken my new MGZS out on a few trips now the longest being a 22 mile round trip.
I have kept the car on Regen level 3.
Is that Ok?
Am I doing any damage to the car keeping it in this mode?
Is there a general rule of thumb with regards to which level to be driving in?.
Thanks all.
I keep to Regen 3 all the time. In this setting you get the best energy recovery also you break lights operate when you lift of the accelerator. Gives early warning to following traffic. Enjoy the car.

Level 3 is really good on the MG.
On the motorway I use level 1 or 2 so.

One thing you must do sometimes, is to put it in level 1 and then break really hard ( on lonely roads ) that is to keep the rust away, rust Is the biggest problem with the breaks on electric cars. You don't change breaks because they are warn out, it will be because they rust away. Regen is super nice, but keep the the breaks in good shape;-)

Brakes are good. Level 3 makes it almost one pedal driving but do use the brakes occasionally to keep them rust free. Breaks should be taken after every two hours driving.

Thank you I was worried that not using the brake would cause someone to run into the back of my shiny new car. 😀

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom