Regen stats not recorded... Is it a setting issue, glitch or faulty software

dido

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
MG4 LR

Since I got the car , now over 5 weeks and about 900 miles on the clock. Whenever I check the battery and consumption stat , the regen data is missing, dashes . There is always plenty of space in the battery to charge and my regen setting is default maximum. I note a lot of reg while driving. I am attaching a screenshot of the regen stats. Any idea why is that happening

Attachments

• PXL_20230429_084236394.jpg
    PXL_20230429_084236394.jpg
    281.5 KB · Views: 176
Hard to tell from that image what is happening previous trips but it is only showing 1kwh of driving power, and it only shows full kWh or only shows after the first kWh of data… so until you have 1kwh of regen it wouldn’t show here. It’s not as good for data as the Leaf app etc. I like data.

Have you just recharged the car and then gone on a short journey? (In which case Start and Last Charge will be the same).

just wondering when driving and on this screen do you see the energy flow working to see the regeneration power going back to the battery? i go down some hills and I see the return and the % of battery may go up. You also may not managed regenerate a KW of power to show 1kw. So would show nil.
l

The screen does show the the energy going back from the wheels to the battery and it effects my average miles/KW if I go down a hill. I might not have reached 1KW but properly should have after using half battery since last charge!

B517E899-CB84-4C75-AA95-A3E64F84F49F.jpeg
D46965B6-7DDD-4F10-95A0-03118B443E12.jpeg

This is how it shows on our trophy. Photos taken earlier today. Now back home after another 22mi trip with aircon on the whole way back as was warm, down to 58% battery and finally showing 1kw of power on non-driving stuff. This has been quite a bit of hilly driving.

View attachment 17336View attachment 17337
This is how it shows on our trophy. Photos taken earlier today. Now back home after another 22mi trip with aircon on the whole way back as was warm, down to 58% battery and finally showing 1kw of power on non-driving stuff. This has been quite a bit of hilly driving.
Mine is the same as yours.

View attachment 17336View attachment 17337
Thanks for this - I get the same info/data as these pics on my trophy.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 517 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back