Registration document

OriginalBigAl

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
Hi all, finally picking up the car on Tuesday and the dealer has sent through a Carte Grise ( provisional ) which is the French equivalent to a Registration document. Couple of strange items to report, First, for the SE LR it records it has having a maximum net power of 68 kw , a bit down on MG s figure of 150kw. Secondly, there is an addition at the bottom which states that the PRC forbid the re-registration of this car to another country. Why this is on what is essentially a French legal document I have no idea and why after buying the car I would be restricted from doing what I wanted with it. Come Tuesday it looks like I,m going to be having a slower journey than originally expected!

Here in the UK, my SE just approaching 12months old, and have just had to renew my road fund licence (currently £0), which runs out on 31 Aug. So have my registeration cert to hand : but it does have 125kw noted

Attachments

• IMG_5130.jpeg
    IMG_5130.jpeg
    437.9 KB · Views: 69
I checked my current car Peugeot 307 diesel which is quoted at 90 bhp and on the Carte Grise the maximum power is quoted at 66 kw , which if kw is around 75% of bhp would be about right. On another maybe related item, when choosing our car we had insurance quotes for both the SE standard and SE LR and the standard insurance ,like for like was 40 euros more than the LR? So perhaps someone in the French version of DVLA has put in lower figures for the LR and the insurance companies use these quoted numbers for their calculations?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 543 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back