Remote control function failed

The unlocking/locking the car trick doesn’t work for me oddly. Not sure what spurs it back into life but nothing I’ve done seems to affect when it comes back. I’ve read elsewhere this morning there’s a recall related to the telematics control box. Wonder if this will cure the fault some of us have experienced.
My car is going in next week so will see what they have to say.

I've had my MG4 for about three weeks now and really like the car. I have a problem though with the remote control function on the iSmart app. All the other functions on the app seem okay. Every time I try to use any of the remote control functions, unlocking, turning on air con etc, I get the message "remote control function failed please try again later (59).
Anyone else had the same problem?
I had the same issue this morning. Sorted by unlocking the car, starting battery heating, locking the car again and then starting the aircon.

I had the same issue this morning. Sorted by unlocking the car, starting battery heating, locking the car again and then starting the aircon.
I went through all the menus on the car, and even searched the owner manual, but couldn't find how to start battery heating.

In the car it's in the battery tile under the Charging tab ... there's a slider for Intelligent Battery Heating. You can't switch on battery heating via the app - at least I can't in my SE SR.
The slider for Intelligent Battery heating was already on, so don't think that's that's the problem.

I have bind my MG4 to the MG iSmart app. But it's not even showing me battery level or the app is not communicating information with the car and app. Do anyone have a solution.
Screenshot_2023-07-22-10-47-32-699_com.saicmotor.iov.europe.jpg
Screenshot_2023-07-22-10-48-03-998_com.saicmotor.iov.europe-edit.jpg

Have you tried unlocking them locking the vehicle again, then running the app? Also, is the vehicle in an area where it has suitable mobile coverage?

Have you tried unlocking them locking the vehicle again, then running the app? Also, is the vehicle in an area where it has suitable mobile coverage?
Yes I have. Once I bought it from the dealership, I'm bind the car with the app. Even though the car is on, turned off it's not showing any battery percentage, vehicle status or any remote functions says it's fails every time. I'm unblinded and bind again but still same issue. I don't know if it's my phone the problem. I'm using Xiaomi

Yes I have. Once I bought it from the dealership, I'm bind the car with the app. Even though the car is on, turned off it's not showing any battery percentage, vehicle status or any remote functions says it's fails every time. I'm unblinded and bind again but still same issue. I don't know if it's my phone the problem. I'm using Xiaomi
Can you sign into the app on another device to confirm?

Just use the same details for sign in, but you need to sign out first I think. Can’t have 2 signed in at once.

I do not have a 'vehicle management' page on my (UK) App, which is interesting. Have you the latest version? I have v1.1.11 which is the latest here. Occasionally I cannot connect but a few hours later it works.

I do not have a 'vehicle management' page on my (UK) App, which is interesting. Have you the latest version? I have v1.1.11 which is the latest here. Occasionally I cannot connect but a few hours later it works.
I do, tap the vehicle name at the top of the main status screen. It should have a ">" symbol to the right of the name.

If you tap the name of the car (which is followed by a >) at the top of the screen that shows the battery charge etc. it will open the Vehicle Management page.

I have a Redmi phone which is made by Xiaomi and it works ok with the app. I do find that it sometimes shows no information until I've pressed the 'vehicle status' button to make it scan again. Also, and this I don't understand, it sometimes won't connect using my home wifi but will if I turn that off on the phone and use mobile data instead. I know that shouldn't make a difference, but it does for me!

I’ve had the 59 error come up since I got my ZS in January. I can see all info like battery, location, lock status, door open etc in real time but I can’t send any commands like turn on AC or lock/unlock. The dealer updated the software in July and they thought it would help but no luck.

It’s getting colder and it would be so nice if I could just preheat the car 🥶

I’ve had the 59 error come up since I got my ZS in January. I can see all info like battery, location, lock status, door open etc in real time but I can’t send any commands like turn on AC or lock/unlock. The dealer updated the software in July and they thought it would help but no luck.

It’s getting colder and it would be so nice if I could just preheat the car 🥶
I assume you've got the Mk2 ZS as the Mk1 doesn't have cabin preheat facility via the app.
You might be better posting on the MG ZS EV forum 😁

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 508 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel