Remote defrosting via iSMART app

Rolfe

Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Today I decided to try the remote car heating from the app. Outside temperature was reading 7C and the temperature inside the car was 15C. As my intention was to sit in the stationary car fiddling with the screens and the steering wheel buttons I thought I'd warm it up before I got into it.

I asked it to do its ten minutes warm-up thing from the app. After the ten minutes had passed, the interior temperature of the car was still 15C. Absolutely no effect whatsoever. I went out to the car and switched on the heating and it heated up quite normally.

Is this something else that doesn't work on the SE and is only given to the privileged Trophy owners? Or does it just think that 15C is quite warm enough and decide it doesn't need heating? Or am I doing something else stupid?

Interesting. When I try to give my Trophy a second dose it won't do it. I get a nannying notice about not overheating or something. Why me?
I tried a triple dose this morning to try and melt the remaining snow after a double dose, but it wouldn't let me do a third and I got that message telling me to turn the engine (?) on.
I just wiped the snow off easily with my snow brush to save straining the wipers with the weight because I've blown fuses on cars in the past trying to remove thick snow with the wipers.

I asked it to do its ten minutes warm-up thing from the app. After the ten minutes had passed, the interior temperature of the car was still 15C. Absolutely no effect whatsoever.
I tried doing the same thing when the internal temperature was 9 degrees C, and after the 10 minutes warm up, it still said 9 degrees on the app. However, I went out to the car, and I could feel the inside air was warmer than that - maybe 12 degrees, but not toasty. Interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried doing the same thing when the internal temperature was 9 degrees, and after the 10 minutes warm up, it still said 9 degrees on the app. However, I went out to the car, and I could feel the inside air was warmer than that - maybe 12 degrees, but not toasty. Interesting.
Not sure if it was said previously, but .... you need to rescan the car 2 or 3 times for the interior temperature to start showing a more-realistic value in the app.

Not sure if it was said previously, but .... you need to rescan the car 2 or 3 times for the interior temperature to start showing a more-realistic value in the app.
Yes, on the occasion when I heated the car for 10 minutes and the temperature stayed at 9 degrees, I scanned again, and it said 7 degrees! So I scanned yet again, and got 9 degrees once more. At this point I gave up :devilish:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 518 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back