Repair to bodywork

LDN21

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I was wondering if anyone knows how to repair the wheel arch trim or if there is a document saying how the body parts have been put together (I had a similar document for a different vehicle) as want to do the repair but the dealer is saying it will take 30 minutes to 45 minutes with a quote of £80 just for labour when the part is about £15 so would prefer to do myself but can’t work out how it is attached

Hi. Thankfully I was able to re-fit my arch trim (which was the rear one) after someone bumped the rear bumper. The trim and corner of the bumper popped out.

There are plastic dome type clips which are non-removeable and are part of the trim. Two of my clips had broken off., Sorry I didn't take pictures.

Some pop into the bodywork and some slide securely into flange sections in the bodywork.

On the rear door side of the trim the clips slide into flanges whereas from around the top (from memory) to the rear bumper the clips just pop straight into the holes in the bodywork.

I carefully popped off some of the trim starting from the loose end using a plastic flat edged trim tool. I then saw the other clips still secured into flange sections. I did not need to remove these but I would guess once the trim is popped off to a point the rest must be carefully removed (slided off) in the opposite direction to how they locate in the flanges (ie toward the rear door).

Prior to re-fitting I was confident losing two of the clips was not going to affect its secure fitment as they were located in the middle however I used some strong rubber adhesive just to stop any possible clattering and clipped it back on 💪🏼

Ps. The trim is very flexible and I wasn't concerned I might snap it when bending it. However, I would suggest you could ensure you don't do it in cold conditions if you decided to sort it yourself.

Good luck!

Thank you so much. Will have a look, I have not ordered the part yet it was just trying to look before buying the part.

29423309-da48-4293-a013-ebf727d7636e-jpeg.6251

Right, so you would start to unclip the trim from the area you have pictured working upwards and to the rear door area. About half way you will encounter resistance but don't force it as this from where the clips slide into flanges located on the bodywork. You don't want to break them 👍

Right, so you would start to unclip the trim from the area you have pictured working upwards and to the rear door area. About half way you will encounter resistance but don't force it as this from where the clips slide into flanges located on the bodywork. You don't want to break them 👍
Thank you so much

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom