Replacement Front Towing Eye Cover

jwbalm4d

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
I noticed recently that my front towing eye on my MG 4 EV (Camden Grey) has fallen off (I suspect when going over a pot hole recently, as I heard an odd noise).

Does anyone know of any option to get a replacement? Not had much luck beyond finding a replacement black one online...not much help for the Camden Grey!

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks.

Normally in situations like this, the replacement part will come finished in one single body colour ( maybe black ) or even in a basic primer finish.
Then the part will be finished in the correct body colour.
I know the external door handles are like this on the ZS EV.
Supplied in a single colour, then needs refinishing.
Otherwise MG would have to carry a part in every body colour of the model, which is unlikely TBH.
Unless you can find a car that is being broken for spares in the same colour of course.

I presume you mean towing eye cover? (The towing eye itself is in the boot under the floor).

I've not look at mine - don't they have a "cord/strap" to hold them on the car when the towing eye is being used? (That's what I've seen on other cars).

Update: dealer can source one, which is great and pretty reasonable (£15). However, it's not painted (primed only), so need to get that sorted.

Dealer also believes someone must have stolen it, as they are attached by a cord, apparently!

Thanks all.

Yes, sorry. It's the cover I need
Check with the dealer on a cover, these people should be able to supply you with a spray can, mixed to suit your body colour.

if you pop into to your local paint shop (at an unbusy time), they will colour match it for you, around £15 / 400ml can of spary.

Last edited:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 92 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel