Reversing camera - where is it??

martintheb

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
OK, this is an odd one, and I know I'm going to feel an idiot when I get the answer.

The view from my reversing camera is a bit grubby and blurred. It's started happening recently, after a load of muddy country roads and rain. So, first thought is to clean it.

But I can't see where it is...

Can anyone help, please? Perhaps a photo with an arrow pointing to it?

Thanks!

The trouble is, there is a ready made device or software somewhere, usually not expensive, for doing all these things anyway. Hence I can't be a**ed, and I'll stick to buying the gadgets. :)
But the Home Assistant allows you to make the devices so much smarter, and to "join" them all up so you can do something dependent on the state of something else and so on.

For me it's a hobby rather than a mission but it's been fun.

Upvote 0
But the Home Assistant allows you to make the devices so much smarter, and to "join" them all up so you can do something dependent on the state of something else and so on.

For me it's a hobby rather than a mission but it's been fun.
And I should add having used motion triggered cctv their algorithms are not tuneable. There is no way to stop it calling shadows from headlights a person. So playing with gadgets is certainly a viable alternative if you have the time.

Upvote 0
I've set mine up as a mickey mouse intruder alarm while I'm away. All the house lights flash for a while (including the Christmas LEDs which are usually only on in season) and the speakers all broadcast a message informing the intruder that they are on film and the police have been called, and sends messages to our phones if indoor motion is detected. Just cos I can :)

It triggered once when my daughter dropped in without letting me know in advance, gave her a bit of a shock!! :)

Upvote 0
I've set mine up as a mickey mouse intruder alarm while I'm away. All the house lights flash for a while (including the Christmas LEDs which are usually only on in season) and the speakers all broadcast a message informing the intruder that they are on film and the police have been called, and sends messages to our phones if indoor motion is detected. Just cos I can :)

It triggered once when my daughter dropped in without letting me know in advance, gave her a bit of a shock!! :)
I'd have been tempted to go with "would you like to play a game" possibly with the addition of a squeaking tricycle. But horror films aren't for everyone and it might be a bit much for unannounced visitors.

Upvote 0
homeassistant is great until you break it, or in my case the zigbee USB dongle that I forgot was hanging out the back of the NAS that was running the Hass container at the time.

Suddenly paying the premium to have one shipped next day seemed worthwhile. (Also I had to use an actual light switch that evening, oh the horror!)

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom