Rolec EV smart charger

Yes, I Hope MG fixes the app issue. I mean we do have good battery warranty :) lol
Take look at the Hypervolt unit, much better than the Rolec unit in my opinion.
Yes - It maybe most expensive, but better in the long run !.
Buy cheap - buy twice !.
If and when my old dumb unit completely fails, the Hypervolt is on the top of my hit list.

Last edited:
You can set the amount of charge in the new ZS EV so I will be setting that to 80% once I get that car, for the mk1 car, I don't think MG will change anything there.
Thats the problem. On my new ZS, the app or the car console doesn't allow to adjust, its always on 100%. some kind of a bug

Yes, the green bar doesnt move. It just flips back to 100. same with the car
That’s not right at all, you should be able to choose your percentage level of charge on the new face lift model.
MG show there recondition to charge up to around 80% for day to day stuff, then charge to 100% for the extra long trips.
As a means of protecting your battery long term battery health.
I would contact your dealer.
Just a thought 💭 is it conflicting with the wall box 📦 in someway ?.
What happens if you connect to a public 7.0kw post, does it allow you to slide the charge level bar then ?.
Worth checking I guess.

That’s not right at all, you should be able to choose your percentage level of charge on the new face lift model.
MG show there recondition to charge up to around 80% for day to day stuff, then charge to 100% for the extra long trips.
As a means of protecting your battery long term battery health.
I would contact your dealer.
Just a thought 💭 is it conflicting with the wall box 📦 in someway ?.
What happens if you connect to a public 7.0kw post, does it allow you to slide the charge level bar then ?.
Worth checking I guess.
Yes, i can check with the dealer. But i think a lot of them are having the same sort of issue.
I don't have a wall box yet. But when I connect to granny charger, its the same. Both the app and car console, its set to 100%, when I try to adjust to less that 100% it just flips back to 100%, which is a real pain.

As a real human said I also got my rolec foc with the car works fine for us. Octopus go tariff is fine. I just use the ev energy app to charge from 12. 30 to 4.30. About twice a week 5p pkwh. ( at the moment ) lol

I have a ohme home pro charger installed by home-zap. Charged me £550 for the charger+installation. Like other chargers ohme offers smart charging+app control +scheduling+talking to your tariff to pick the cheapest slot if you are on an agile tariff plan. This does away with the need of using iSmart app for charging too. Whomsoever you choose to get your charger installed, make sure to get a confirmed install date before 31st March. Else you will not get the OZEV grant of £350. Lot of installers do not have dates prior to 31st March. Home Zap do have slots. A friend of mine booked one last week and is getting it installed in 2 weeks time.

I think it has to be installed and working B4 the 31st March to be able to claim the grant.
If it’s installed after this date - you will not receive the grant.

No idea what a balancing charge is!! should I try and charge it to 100% ones?
Every couple of weeks you should charge to 100%. That last 1% is spent making sure the individual cells in the battery are round about the same voltage and should help the battery last longer.

It generally won't draw much power but, depending on how long since the last one, it can take a long time.

Every couple of weeks you should charge to 100%. That last 1% is spent making sure the individual cells in the battery are round about the same voltage and should help the battery last longer.

It generally won't draw much power but, depending on how long since the last one, it can take a long time.
Ok. Thanks. Mine is a brand new car. Never done a 100% before. But thanks. I will do that tonight and see how it goes..

Ok. Thanks. Mine is a brand new car. Never done a 100% before. But thanks. I will do that tonight and see how it goes..
Remember, when the car displays 100% fully charged, don’t unplug the cable !.
Balancing only commences AFTER the car reaches 100%.
It will only be pulling about 500 Watts to start the balance cycle, which will reduce as the cycle progress.
MG recommends to carry out a balance cycle once a month on the ZS.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom