Rollercoaster road to new MG4

That is one sharp looking ride. You know everytime I see this Holborn blue it grows on me more.

I've always had metallic paint on my previous cars, all of them except the Peugeot being various shades of metallic blue (the Peugeot was sort of gold although they called it Flame Yellow). But as soon as I saw that blue (it's Holborn Blue on the purchase order but Brighton Blue on some of the other documents) I thought, why would I want to pay extra for metallic paint rather than that?

I've always had metallic paint on my previous cars, all of them except the Peugeot being various shades of metallic blue (the Peugeot was sort of gold although they called it Flame Yellow). But as soon as I saw that blue (it's Holborn Blue on the purchase order but Brighton Blue on some of the other documents) I thought, why would I want to pay extra for metallic paint rather than that?
The energy saving trust will give you a £300 grant to a home charger, if you are classed as living in a rural area of scotland, East Linton is eligible 👍
I put in a generic East Linton postcode in the checker and it came back as that

The energy saving trust will give you a £300 grant to a home charger, if you are classed as living in a rural area of scotland, East Linton is eligible 👍
I put in a generic East Linton postcode in the checker and it came back as that

Yes, but how about West Linton?

Thanks. I put in my actual postcode and it says yes. I'd have thought so because West Linton is considerably more rural than East Linton as far as I know. (I've never been to the latter.)

ETA: One of their approved installers lives about 200 yards from me. I'd have to walk past his house to get to the village charging point. The trouble is, I don't know that I like the guy!

Yes, but how about West Linton?
Apologies for mixing the 2 up, I qualified for that grant myself, was paid very quickly after the work was done, not too much hassle to fill in the form

Right now I have a chunk of the MG4 on my credit card because my insurance hasn't yet paid out on the Golf. I have a bill for north of £3,000 coming due at the end of the month for a central heating repair. I need to catch all these balls and lay them down carefully before I start budgeting for a charging point. But that is well worth knowing for when I do, so thank you very much.

It's looking as if I may only need more than the ordinary mains charger if I do a long trip two days in succession. If this happens rarely then I may be OK with the public charging point being so near. But on the other hand everyone I know has got themselves a charging point in the end!

What do you think is wrong with my 13A socket (that is inside the garage so you can't see it)?
The plug top of the granny EVSE will get warm and if the socket is not good quality then they can get hot too and show signs if scorching or worse. The car will draw about 2.2kW 10A for hours so just keep an eye on it.

The plug top of the granny EVSE will get warm and if the socket is not good quality then they can get hot too and show signs if scorching or worse. The car will draw about 2.2kW 10A for hours so just keep an eye on it.

I'll do that, thanks. I'm not going out to look right now, but in my memory the power points in the garage have metal casings. They appear to be pretty robust.

All's well that ends well. The insurance cheque for £2,674 arrived on Friday, but on Saturday the balance of £1,326 showed up, and now I just have to wait for the cheques to clear and I can pay back my credit card. MG4 driving very nicely, no issues showing up bar the minor irritations of having to shut off the lane assistance thing every time, and no electric folding of wing mirrors.

Happy camper here.

I have the same "issue". Setting health mode at 80% has no effect on the charger. I can only stop charging by using the stop button. Is this an MG software fault?

When you change/set it to the %age (in the apple app anyway) you need to pull down the screen to refresh and then it will come up with “success” to show it has saved the change.
A7AC4E0A-99C4-4B63-B6D0-A6C456D2C850.png

When you change/set it to the %age (in the apple app anyway) you need to pull down the screen to refresh and then it will come up with “success” to show it has saved the change. View attachment 17069
I get the success message without pulling down. I drag to 80% and then wait a bit and it comes up. I have a good connection/signal where I live with the car, so the app works well.

Technically it should though, maybe not for 'health mode' reasons as with the LR/trophy, but for user ease.

It's quite possibly another overlooked quirk on the iSmart app.
I think it was removed on the SR with one of the updates, but I am not sure, I have the LR. What the app does in response to that I don't know.

It was there for the SE SR in v1.1.08 as I recall; I think v1.1.09 removed the feature. (Current is v1.1.10).

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back