Rubbish windscreen washers.

Just be careful of keep swapping from one additive to another as the can interact and form a gloopy sludge which blocks the jets. Stick to one and water it down for the warmer weather.

I keep an old 2 litre drinks bottle with diluted Prestone by the back door so it's ready to use. In winter it also acts as an indicator to show if the washer fluid in the car will be frozen.

Find that my jets hit the screen just fine and have never been tempted to adjust them but THAT wiper motor noise on these cars :oops: Haven't noticed anyone else mentioning it but it seems to be noisier than any car I've ever owned, wheeeee wheeeee wheeeee wheeeeeeee, even at 60mph !

I tend to have it on intermittent even when the rain is calling for constant just to get a little peace in the cabin :(

We got our MY23 Trophy (complete with rear wiper) in the Summer.

The screen wash jets are fine. Less fine is the bottle capacity. I've just refilled it this morning with some Prestone. It holds only 2 litres.

My Octavia had a 5 litre bottle with a low washer fluid warning lamp. I suppose those are the sorts of things that MG have decided to cut back on to keep the price keen.

One thing that bothers me slightly is that MG say if you get screenwash on the paintwork when filling it up, to rinse it off.

But surely that's what happens when you use the windscreen washers? All the more so if you use Prestone concentrate undiluted, as they say you can.

BTW, the wiper noise drives me nuts too! Can't be much of a job to insulate them better.

Mine aren't working to my great frustration. Winter now has been a horror show with salt and trucks splashing the window. Had many cars in my life, never had this much issue. Twice at garage now, today they said finally fixed it, right... Message from garage guys, no need to come back, we can't do more. (Norway, Bilhuset Stavanger.) It's a gigantic issue for me.

Mine are just about adequate now after a final fine adjustment. The passenger side one is perfect but the driver's side one is still poor, it seems to be just catching the wiper arm but once the wiper moves I get a bit on the screen and that bit together with the splash off the passenger side wiper just about clears the screen.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 545 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 92 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back