Samsung s10e Android Auto

dudenl

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just picked up my MG today. I already read a lot of problems with the connectivity.
I can't get my Samsung s10e (Android 10 with Android AUto build in) to connect to the MG entertaiment system.
I tried the original cable as replacements. None of them give the setup message on the MG.

I also enabled USB-debugging and USB-tethering as those were tips on the internet. None of them let me setup the phone on the MG screen, it just doesn't recognize it at all.

I hope you guys can help me out, I realy need Google maps/Waze working for all the local traffic while working.

Thanks!

Have you tried to download the android auto app on your phone I know you said its built in, but it may update it that way to latest version.
also make sure you use the correct USB port on the car, only 1 of them works with AA.

It's the USB port closest to your left leg. If it's a USB-C Cable then I find turning the plug around at the end you fit into the phone works for me. I have also downloaded Android Auto for phones on the play store, so it may well help connection issues?

All tried guys.
Both USB ports.

Other versions of Android auto. All no solution.

BTW I'm from the Netherlands so the car is mirrored.

The only thing AI’s would say is try deleting the app and starting again I had to do this a few times to get mine connected with Samsung..never had the problem with our android phones only my Samsung. Now on CarPlay with Apple and it works like a dream.. 👍 sorry that wasn’t very helpful..

The only thing AI’s would say is try deleting the app and starting again I had to do this a few times to get mine connected with Samsung..never had the problem with our android phones only my Samsung. Now on CarPlay with Apple and it works like a dream.. 👍 sorry that wasn’t very helpful..
The app is build in and not removeble.
I sideloaded another version but still the same

Try the following, I had to do this a while back

Or this

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201030-173146_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20201030-173146_Samsung Internet.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 181
It is built in on Android 10 now. However, there is also a separate app you can install called Android Auto for phones or something like that. Since installing this, my connection is better although I do have to plug the cable in a couple of times.

It is built in on Android 10 now. However, there is also a separate app you can install called Android Auto for phones or something like that. Since installing this, my connection is better although I do have to plug the cable in a couple of times.
I also installed that version but still a no go.

Is there anyway to reset the entertainment system without losing car settings?
Or can you update the system?

I also installed that version but still a no go.

Is there anyway to reset the entertainment system without losing car settings?
Or can you update the system?
You can update it, see this thread

Isn’t this just for the Sat nav. If you hold the home button until the screen goes off and then release it as the screen comes to life again that’s a reset option

That is only the satnav update and doesn't update the entertainment

That is only the satnav update and doesn't update the entertainment

It does update the entertainment system - when I had my car, there was no option to view video or pictures on the entertainment system and I didn't expect to have these until I saw a post on here. After doing the map updates, I had that facility (as well as other well-publicised issues!).

Make sure your Bluetooth is on and paired to your MG ZS EV. Upon first connection you need to have your phone unlocked and acknowledge all disclaimers on Android Auto. Disconnect and connect again. It should work.

Make sure your Bluetooth is on and paired to your MG ZS EV. Upon first connection you need to have your phone unlocked and acknowledge all disclaimers on Android Auto. Disconnect and connect again. It should work.
Nope... It doesn't do anything. The MG just doesn't see a phone connected.

Mine refused the connect first time as well because I didn't have the original cable nor did I have the phone unlocked initially to pass through acknowledgement of disclaimers when using Android Auto for the first time

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom