Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Has anyone else experienced the sat nav display remaining static whilst the voice gives the correct directions?
I set a post code into my satnav this morning and started the navigation. A mile or so down the road I noticed that the satnav display showed my location as still being at home. The voice commands however were accurately indicating turnings. A few miles later, and the display was correct again, before freezing again. It's been like that all morning.
Android Auto was just fine though.

Do you have a Trophy ? Mine is running R30 and I never experienced that. However now I use AA.

I'd keep a sharp eye on it and if it continues, back to the dealer.

I've not heard of it on the 4, but have on the ZS. A "Dead reckoning" setting cures it IIRC.

Has anyone else experienced the sat nav display remaining static whilst the voice gives the correct directions?
I set a post code into my satnav this morning and started the navigation. A mile or so down the road I noticed that the satnav display showed my location as still being at home. The voice commands however were accurately indicating turnings. A few miles later, and the display was correct again, before freezing again. It's been like that all morning.
Android Auto was just fine though.
Yes it's common on R33. Mine does it and I have heard others say the same. A quick tap on the screen restores it. First time I saw it was on a YouTube review video.

Yes, I have.
This is one of the issues I reported and I am waiting an update for that. The guy at MG said he knows how to fix it... but I am waiting confirmation from MG HQ to proceed under warranty.
I am on R30

Happens often in my car. A quick touch on the screen restores things. I have reported twice to MG when the car was in for updates but nothing has changed.

I've not heard of it on the 4, but have on the ZS. A "Dead reckoning" setting cures it IIRC.
No, I have the dead reckoning turned on from day one and it has nothing to do with the problem we are talking about (screen freeze). Dead reckoning is for tunnels and places where the GPS signal is lost suddenly.

You can find the function in the navigator settings.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 509 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back