Sat nav updating

A quick forum search revealed this:

How do you update a mg5 ev sat nav
Very cautiously! There are mixed reports of success, failure and also a completely bricked head unit that needed sent away.

I've tried a few times, always gone through the initial steps, updated maps via the windows/Mac application and always failed when installing on the car - I use Apple CarPlay with TomTom Go/Waze/ABRP subscription so have stopped trying.

My car was off the road for a significant time after attempting this.
You have been warned!

How do you update a mg5 ev sat nav
It took me several attempts to update the Satnav. Kept crashing when updating the map file from the usb stick when plugged in the car. Eventually it worked. I was a bit nervous doing it after reading about some members problems updating it.

I managed to do it shortly after I got my 5 last year but (as with all onboard satnavs imo) it's not the best. I went back to my trusty tomtom unit which has live traffic and speedcams, regular updates etc.

How did you get sound working on android auto. Mine works as sat nav on screen and sound is trying to work because it dips the radio sound when it comes to a corner etc. I have samsung galaxy S10 Help would be great as to update the in built sat nav looks like a nightmare>

How did you get sound working on android auto. Mine works as sat nav on screen and sound is trying to work because it dips the radio sound when it comes to a corner etc. I have samsung galaxy S10 Help would be great as to update the in built sat nav looks like a nightmare>
Try turning off you Bluetooth on you phone,

Hope it works, I some times have sound issues and turning Bluetooth off has helped but that is on the bmw I use at work sometimes.

Make sure, once connected, you turn up the volume on your phone. Phone audio and Bluetooth volumes are separate and can only be adjusted once connected.

My Motorola also has the facility to remember different volumes for different devices connected.

Try turning off you Bluetooth on you phone,
Doesn't Android Auto require Bluetooth to be on?

Never needed it on why don't you go out and test it turn your Bluetooth off connect with a cable to Android Auto and see if you can make calls would be easy to test

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom