Saving Money In Your Motor Insurance!

bwanamdevu

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I wonder just how many of you are aware of the advantages of using Cashback sites. Just this week, I received a whopping £42 from one of them, Top Cashback, due to taking out motor insurance by using one of the price comparison sites listed on their site.

I have used these cashback sites for many years and have received hundreds of pounds in cashback and find them very reliable. I believe that members on this forum should be able to claw back a bit of dosh from the wide range of companies that we use, not just for our car insurance.

I get no monetary gain from this just satisfaction that perhaps I’m helping other members.

Last edited:
I wonder just how many of you are aware of the advantages of using Cashback sites. Just this week, I received a whopping £42 from one of them, Top Cashback, due to taking out motor insurance by using one of the price comparison sites listed on their site.

I have used these cashback sites for many years and have received hundreds of pounds in cashback and find them very reliable. I believe that members on this forum should be able to claw back a bit of dosh from the wide range of companies that we use, not just for our car insurance.

I get no monetary gain from this just satisfaction that perhaps I’m helping other members.
Good reminder as my LV= insurance due in early February

I’m very disappointed the law has changed regarding ”loyal” and new car insurance customers.
I have always shopped around and think I usually get the cheapest deal to suit my needs. I have been very grateful to those people who choose not to look for better deals, at renewal, as they have helped keep my premiums reasonable.
I guess people like me will now have to pay extra to ensure the insurance companies profits are maintained.

I agree with Iain.
It's going to be interesting to see how things pan out when my next renewal comes up but I don't expect it to work in my favour.

It'll level out at some point, like it did when insurance companies couldn't charge different prices for being male or female (all other risk factors being the same). This was about 2012 wasn't it? But yes, in the meantime, it looks like prices will go up :mad:

It'll level out at some point, like it did when insurance companies couldn't charge different prices for being male or female (all other risk factors being the same). This was about 2012 wasn't it? But yes, in the meantime, it looks like prices will go up :mad:
Yep agreed, I'm looking at the moment, bad timing eh 🙁 , but there is still competition and different companies target different audiences at different times. Still worth searching around massive differences in premiums still on comparison sites.

Whatever happens at a legislative level, I think it will always be in your best interest to shop around at every renewal.

Good reminder as my LV= insurance due in early February
I’ve found LV to be less competitive on price for EV’s recently - see how you get on.

Yeah - always check a cashback site. My preferred option is Quidco

I've had well over a grand out of them in cashback - and I don't use them blindly. I'll only use a cashback if it's the best deal around.

unlike bwanamdevu though, I do get something out of this (as it has a referral scheme like octopus where we both benefit from a referral). It changes from time to time.

Current deal is that you get an additional £5 in cashback once you've earned your first fiver, and that triggers my referral bonus too. (usually £5 - £10, but right now it's £25 for some reason. Seems a bit off balance though. There used to be a slider where you could split the referral bonus 50/50).

They have their own comparison (that includes the cashback), and also give cashback through the usual comparison sites and direct to insurers too.

and yeah, I was also enjoying having my insurance subsidised by people who don't shop around....

Thank you very much for posting this ,my husband also gets cash back from different places I asked him if he got our car insurance through cash back he said yes so it’s good for other people to know this 👍

I checked out GoCompare and the Best quote was £191 but that didn't have a number of the features and add-ons I get with my LV= cover. I wait to see what my LV= renewal will be when it drops in the next week I guess.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom