Say Hello

Hello my home is supplied with a DIY solar system, and this time of the year I have enough electricity to run 3 homes starting most days on a 700AMP battery 80% charged, so by 10oclock in the morning the charge controller is dumping excess charge, it looks good sense to have another electric car I say another because I had a Citroen blingo electric van built in 2001 and what a vehicle that was battery bank was lead acid and would last about 45 miles. So range anxiety was a real problem. I used to start on a full battery but by the end of the day was down to 25 mph limping home, but things have improved a bit since then, been looking at you tube video reviews of the MG electric range, and they do look good value, so I am about to book a test drive,8 will tell you how I get on

Hi Robbymax wellcome to the forum so DIY solar set up that I and others here might well be interested to see so some pictures if possible please.
So you going for a test drive in the MG but you don’t say which MG I own the latest MG5 trophy and my wife has the MG4seSR and we are both very please with the way they drive and perform you will be very surprised I’m sure. Coming from your Citroen there is a few deals around on new cars at the present in fact you might be entitled to a voucher for £1000 for having a test drive, but I’m not sure which model that applies to or if it is still available ask your dealer, that’s if your buying new, 2nd hand there has never been a better time to buy an EV of any make or model so good luck and do let us know how you get on
Les

Thanks for the suggestions and ideas given for our Sheringham trip but in this instance we did not use them but they were appreciated.
I have written up my experiences regarding charging in a new thread if you want to see more detail of the trip

Thanks
Fozzy59

First time owning an EV - incentivised by my solar array which will mean getting paid to fill the car with sunshine. Preferred the MG4 on a test drive but as my wife pointed out, we need a vehicle to be easy to climb in and out as we get older so the ZS it was (2020). Still learning as only owned for one week.

Been looking at MG4 Trophy for a while, went for test drive today and was well pleased, thinking there was a 3 - 4 month waiting list we were quite taken aback when they told us they had a MG4 Trophy which had only come in the day before and it could be available if we wanted it. It is the newer model with rear wiper and rear passenger headrest as well as a few other differences.
Pick up Tomorrow or Friday.

hello Everyone, I joined yesterday this forum. I don't own EV yet (currently drive a BMW 3-series 2.0 diesel - which is quite common EG in Belgium) , but I might consider in the future. so far I've tested a MarvelR Luxury, which I think it quite good (especially for the pedal map, I mean it's not like some other EV which behave like dragsters). However, I think the ventilation is not that good (the air vents are not orientable manually, there are different pre-sets make the feeling like ON-OFF). I also drove a Hyundai Ioniq5

Last edited:
Well was told on Wednesday that would get MG4 on Thursday or Friday however MG Affinity has turned out to be a right pain in the rectum and looking at Tuesday at the earliest before order can process. (salesman off on Monday).
I have had to return to dealers twice to sign paperwork and have driving licence photocopied for MG Affinity. It did not help that the salesman had no Knowledge of the MG Affinity scheme.

Should have gone to Tesla!!

Well was told on Wednesday that would get MG4 on Thursday or Friday however MG Affinity has turned out to be a right pain in the rectum and looking at Tuesday at the earliest before order can process. (salesman off on Monday).
I have had to return to dealers twice to sign paperwork and have driving licence photocopied for MG Affinity. It did not help that the salesman had no Knowledge of the MG Affinity scheme.

Do Tesla have a better Affinity scheme ?
A little patience will be well repaid with the savings.

I’m coming FROM Tesla. Don’t go there unless you want Elon to tell you how to drive.

Hello everyone! I've just joined the forum, mostly because I am waiting for my ZS EV SR to be delivered and I would like to keep reading info about it while I wait.
It's going to be my first EV (also the first car that me and my partner bought together) so I'm really looking forward to it, nice to meet you all!

Hi Robbymax wellcome to the forum so DIY solar set up that I and others here might well be interested to see so some pictures if possible please.
So you going for a test drive in the MG but you don’t say which MG I own the latest MG5 trophy and my wife has the MG4seSR and we are both very please with the way they drive and perform you will be very surprised I’m sure. Coming from your Citroen there is a few deals around on new cars at the present in fact you might be entitled to a voucher for £1000 for having a test drive, but I’m not sure which model that applies to or if it is still available ask your dealer, that’s if your buying new, 2nd hand there has never been a better time to buy an EV of any make or model so good luck and do let us know how you get on
Les
Hi everyone sorry for the delay had to go see the MO and they decided to give me a new heart valve and then a pacemaker and then a replacement pacemaker wow I can't believe it the last few weeks have gone by in a flash But now I'm all right won't be doing any bungee jumping for a while or the London Marathon, i wont bother but I have managed to get in to the MG dealer and I've tried the ZS and the MG4 but I am most worried about the news of MG are bringing out new model of the ZS next year. has anyone else heard anything

Hi everyone sorry for the delay had to go see the MO and they decided to give me a new heart valve and then a pacemaker and then a replacement pacemaker wow I can't believe it the last few weeks have gone by in a flash But now I'm all right won't be doing any bungee jumping for a while or the London Marathon, i wont bother but I have managed to get in to the MG dealer and I've tried the ZS and the MG4 but I am most worried about the news of MG are bringing out new model of the ZS next year. has anyone else heard anything
When the MG4 was launched, I seem to recall an MG spokesperson saying "the 4 would be the oldest model in their range by 2025 or 26."

Hi everybody. I started as a software dev at an EV charging company last November and decided it was probably time that I was able to eat my own dogfood as it were so I've put in an order on an MG4 SE which should be delivered back end of October.

Looking forward to fielding everyone's complaints about the UK charging network 😊

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom