Say Hello

20230430_164900.jpg

Lunarman. 🙂👍

Good morning just a quick post to introduce myself. I took delivery of my first EV an MG4 Trophy 10 days ago so have not driven it too much. Ive spent the holiday period reading the forum.

In that time I have found a number of issues that need attention.

The current list is:

Bluetooth dropping out every time the car is locked.
Radio loosing favourites
The infotainment is at R40(forty) not 46 which may be the cause of the above.
The most worrying is the huge bulge in the leading edge of the rear under tray.

So its back to the dealer and see what their response is.

Looking forward to getting out and putting some miles in.
Welcome @Lunarman, might see you out and about in Bristol. I will give you a wave.

Evening Folks! just a quick intro. My MG4 is being delivered Monday, it'll be my first EV so nervous and excited all at the same time.
Welcome and I hope you enjoy it as much as we enjoy ours. The EV journey is not without its learning curve but so many of us would never go back.

Hello all, Happy New Year!

I tempted fate with taking the beloved to look at a '19 reg ZS last weekend. Advising there's a few of them about and we don't need to pick the first thing we see..... Yes she left a deposit, collect this Saturday. That heady mix of nerves and excitement!
It is quite a jump from a 16 year old Peugeot 207.
So, a quick 'Hello' and thank you for a treasure trove of information and help.

Hi all. As so often I've done this the wrong way round! Got the car, posted a few times and now saying hello. Don't know how I missed this......
We had looked at MG4s and ZSs, liked the ZS (wanted a sunroof and wasn't sure about the 4's styling, especially the spoilers). Two months later we had a call from the dealer, an ex-demo ZS Trophy lr with 2000 miles on the clock and a decent price. Bought it next day. Major learning curve......

Hello all, Happy New Year!

I tempted fate with taking the beloved to look at a '19 reg ZS last weekend. Advising there's a few of them about and we don't need to pick the first thing we see..... Yes she left a deposit, collect this Saturday. That heady mix of nerves and excitement!
It is quite a jump from a 16 year old Peugeot 207.
So, a quick 'Hello' and thank you for a treasure trove of information and help.
Hi and welcome to the forum,
You will find loads on here just use the search bar.
Are you able to charge at home and how many miles do you do?

Hi and welcome to the forum,
You will find loads on here just use the search bar.
Are you able to charge at home and how many miles do you do?
Initially, it will be a granny plug to charge but will research and look into a 7kW charger further down the line. The longest trip expected will be 140 miles round trip (once every other month) but generally around 18/20 miles a day.
Thanks for the warm welcome on a chilly day.

just to say hi folks. I picked up a ‘23 second hand mg4 xpower! last week super excited, but also a bit nervous delving in to the world of EV.m and going from driving a double cab vivaro. So far so good though, got a few issues to take back to the deal with the’wireless’ charger and the usbc charge not working.
Getting used using the granny charger, whilst I get my head around the mine field of wall chargers and tariffs. In limbo at the moment, as I’m with shell energy who are migrating to octopus, but they can’t give me a date. So could be months. I guess I either stick with the fixed rate or move to another supplier in the meantime.
Cheers

just to say hi folks. I picked up a ‘23 second hand mg4 xpower! last week super excited, but also a bit nervous delving in to the world of EV.m and going from driving a double cab vivaro. So far so good though, got a few issues to take back to the deal with the’wireless’ charger and the usbc charge not working.
Getting used using the granny charger, whilst I get my head around the mine field of wall chargers and tariffs. In limbo at the moment, as I’m with shell energy who are migrating to octopus, but they can’t give me a date. So could be months. I guess I either stick with the fixed rate or move to another supplier in the meantime.
Cheers
20230430_164900.jpg

Enjoy your new X Power. 🙂👍

Cheers
Welcome to the forum,
You will find a great deal of useful information on here just put a few words in the search bar.
I know the Shell switch my take a while so have you tried switching using the Octopus site?
Do you have smart meters as these are needed for most EV tariffs.
If you do a lot of milage then GO or intelligent Go give you a good overnight rate, you will need an Ohme, Wallbox or Zappi for the later as they are the only ones currently supported.

Welcome to the forum,
You will find a great deal of useful information on here just put a few words in the search bar.
I know the Shell switch my take a while so have you tried switching using the Octopus site?
Do you have smart meters as these are needed for most EV tariffs.
If you do a lot of milage then GO or intelligent Go give you a good overnight rate, you will need an Ohme, Wallbox or Zappi for the later as they are the only ones currently supported.
Thank you,

Yeah the info is great so far. Good to have somewhere to check any queries.

Because of the migration I can’t move over before:( already asked the question at both ends explaining I’ve got and EV and want a EV tariff. I do have a smart meter. But I think I’ll have to upgrade it to SMET2 for the duel tariff. I’m gettin a quiet for an ohme on Monday as that’s recommended for octopus. But I believe you can just set the time to charge through the ohme and use in the cheek hours of any leccy provider.

Only time will tell.

Thanks again for the advice

Thank you,

Yeah the info is great so far. Good to have somewhere to check any queries.

Because of the migration I can’t move over before:( already asked the question at both ends explaining I’ve got and EV and want a EV tariff. I do have a smart meter. But I think I’ll have to upgrade it to SMET2 for the duel tariff. I’m gettin a quiet for an ohme on Monday as that’s recommended for octopus. But I believe you can just set the time to charge through the ohme and use in the cheek hours of any leccy provider.

Only time will tell.

Thanks again for the advice
Get the Ohme through Octopus itself. I believe they are slightly discounted.

Hello

Just took delivery of my MG4 Trophy 12 days ago in camden grey and wanted to say hi.

Have not been able to use it much apart from some local runabouts and so far enjoying it immensely. Had a 38kwh classic Ioniq for a short period previously and enjoyed it so much that I had to get another EV.

The MG4 is, for me, the perfect EV - not too big, NOT a SUV, more than great enough, great value, plenty of tech, drives superbly and not too expensive that you get too precious about it.

I'm sure I'll be looking in and asking many questions as I get used to the car.

Hi folks,

Well I had my MG4 Trophy Long Range for just over a week now & overall I’m extremely happy with it. I have got a few queries but I will post asking for some advice in the next day or two

Funny thing, I wasn’t intending to jump into a full EV at the present time. The lease was up on my 3 year old Focus diesel & was looking at a Ford Puma 1.0 Ecoboost Hybrid. Its only because here Ford & MG are in the same showroom & I spotted an MG4 in Volcano Orange which caught my attention ( in the end I opted for the Camden Grey ) spoke to the salesman, arranged a test drive & that was my mind made up.

Only snag I’ve hit is I was due to have part of my garden paved in so I have my own dedicated parking space & a home charger installed in February but due to work now being carried out near my house I’ll have to wait until mid-late April. This shouldn’t be too much of an issue as my average monthly mileage is 200-250 miles max so I’ll use the granny lead when I can & public chargers.

Anyway, you will see me pop up with some questions/advice over the coming days.

Cheers folks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi y'all 🖐️
I'm Dave from the pointy end (Cornwall) and have owned a 30kWh Kia Soul for 4 years, taking it from 14k to 45k miles with not a single issue, not even a squeak, amazing car. Every 6 weeks I do a 500+ mile round trip in it to see me dear old ma in the Midlands, 4 - 5 charges each way.

As time (and tech) marches on the time has come to trade in, as it turns out, for an MG4 Trophy, in red. Was going to go for orange but remembered I'm 63 next month and I didn't want folks looking at this amazing bright orange hot hatch (as far as they know 😉) and then the clichéd 'old bloke' climbs out.... so I'm going for a nice sedate red instead.

Popping into the dealers later on today to order it and take one for a test drive, see if it fits in the garage. An singly enough my Wallbox charger was installed in the garage for the Soul (front centre charge port) and due to the garage being such a 1970s tight fit, the charger is located diagonally opposite from where the MG4's charge port will be!! 🤔.

Anyway, that's all for now. Hope I don't regret swapping from the incredibly reliable Soul. Lots of questions to follow and forum searching to be done, no doubt. 😁👍

Last edited by a moderator:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom