Say Hello

I suppose it's possible they may have gone down to the Newcastle area to get their car. Or have got it there and recently moved to nearer you. :)

Sorry to hear that, I hope you get well soon. Hopefully you'll get a chance to rest up during this long weekend

I'm OK, just a bit under the weather. I had to cancel a flute lesson this morning, but my lesson partner has a bad cold too so it wasn't going to happen. It's not interfering with my plan to listen to the Radio 3 broadcast of the St John Passion from the Bridgewater Hall this afternoon, then watch my favourite DVD set of Parsifal.

G'Day from a very wet Sydney
I have recently purchased an ex-demo PHEV Excite from a local dealer. This is the first EV I have experienced and am really enjoying the ride and economy.
Previously I had a number of Holden/Ford straight six cars with thirsty engines then two Honda Jazz cars.
The latter were very economical and I only sold them after seven years each. No longer available, I looked for a replacement and decided the look for a cheap EV.
The deal I got for a 2022 model with 11,000 km on the clock was a little more than $25k (after trade-in) so I thought that was worth it.
I am looking forward to a short trip to Mudgee (ca 300km each way) to test using the public chargers and have bought a charging cable as most of the local chargers which are available need one.

Can I ask, can we use the Tesla network? I am supposing the answer will be in the negative.
Cheers
Larry North

Wondering why all the people who don’t own a MG come to a MG site not happy with wot u got ? Maybe it’s time u bought one and joined in with owners.

G'Day from a very wet Sydney
I have recently purchased an ex-demo PHEV Excite from a local dealer. This is the first EV I have experienced and am really enjoying the ride and economy.
Previously I had a number of Holden/Ford straight six cars with thirsty engines then two Honda Jazz cars.
The latter were very economical and I only sold them after seven years each. No longer available, I looked for a replacement and decided the look for a cheap EV.
The deal I got for a 2022 model with 11,000 km on the clock was a little more than $25k (after trade-in) so I thought that was worth it.
I am looking forward to a short trip to Mudgee (ca 300km each way) to test using the public chargers and have bought a charging cable as most of the local chargers which are available need one.

Can I ask, can we use the Tesla network? I am supposing the answer will be in the negative.
Cheers
Larry North
Hi I use Tesla chargers in Shellharbour square near Wollongong and it’s free .

Wondering why all the people who don’t own a MG come to a MG site not happy with wot u got ? Maybe it’s time u bought one and joined in with owners.
I've not got an MG yet. I'm happyish with the car car I've got. But I fancy an EV, and have settled on an X Power. I like this forum, think it's great. And when I do eventually get an MG4 X Power. I'll not be going in blind so to speak, I'll know pretty much all about the car, it's good points, it's bad points. Etc Etc. That's why I joined the forum. 🙂👍

Last edited:
I've not got an MG yet. I'm happyish with the car car I've got. But I fancy an EV, and have settled on an X Power. I like this forum, think it's great. And when I do eventually get an MG4 X Power. I'll not be going in blind so to speak, I'll know pretty much all about the car, it's good points, it's bad points. Etc Etc. That's why I joined the forum. 🙂👍
Welcome new people.

Salty, you use the forum & haven’t got an MG? 😳

Attachments

• IMG_2593.jpeg
    IMG_2593.jpeg
    18.1 KB · Views: 16
Perhaps the X Power could do with an Exorcism. Coz some of the things I've read on hear, it must be possessed! 🙄😉🙂👍
I was down at MG today.

My right side window wiper developed a bad judder when it was running. I tried cleaning it etc

Anyway, MG were brilliant, replaced both wipers free of charge & no judder

While I was there they told me I can book my car in so it can be updated with the latest software, I still have an older version

But I said no thanks. Right now I have a few odd quirks but no major issues & car runs fine & after what I’ve read on here alone, people having issues after updates I’d rather wait until they iron the bugs out

“If it isn’t broke, don’t fix it”

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom