Say Hello

Ello, just signed up. Been 'lurking' without creating an account for a while but now I've made up my mind to get an MG EV at some stage in the near future.

I used to have a 30KWh LEAF which seemed fine when I bought it but the limited range soon became an annoyance and I went back to an ICE; a Focus ST which is a surprisingly nice car to drive despite being a bit twitchy.

Now I'm fed up with getting covered in other people's messy mistakes at the pumps and have a charger at home sitting idle so it's time to get back to an EV... I'm currently thinking about an X-Power, of course, since I like reasonably fast cars that don't look outlandish! I'm too old for the lairy stuff (never thought I'd say that LOL)

Anyway, keeping fingers crossed that I'll be able to get "things" sorted out and change the ST for an X-Power some time in the next few months.

Welcome! I've not driven an X-Power, but coming to the basic MG4 from a Golf GTi I have to say I'm not missing the GTi one bit. I don't know what I'd do with an X-Power! (I don't know how much poke the Leaf has. I've only ever driven the MG4 and I sort of assume all EVs go like it does, but perhaps not. The MG4 is a really nice, quick drive anyway.)

Welcome! I've not driven an X-Power, but coming to the basic MG4 from a Golf GTi I have to say I'm not missing the GTi one bit. I don't know what I'd do with an X-Power! (I don't know how much poke the Leaf has. I've only ever driven the MG4 and I sort of assume all EVs go like it does, but perhaps not. The MG4 is a really nice, quick drive anyway.)
Thankyou ;)

The older LEAF's were quite slow, something like 12s to 60 mph for the 30 kWh version I think. Quick off the mark but they ran out of steam very quickly, quick to 40 then it was like hitting a brick wall. The new ones are substantially faster. They were all about economy back then though and seen mainly as town cars, performance was secondary. Like him or loathe him, I think Musk lit a fire under the EV manufacturers backsides.

Fastest accelerating car I've owned so far was a little Renault 5 Turbo with a wastegate control, seems like such a long time ago. Person who sold it to be described it as a rocket propelled roller skate. I made it even quicker but it would be trounced by the X-Power.

It's not all about speed though. The MG4 looks like the perfect size for me. I really don't need anything bigger.

Last edited by a moderator:
20230430_164900.jpg

🙂👍

Ello, just signed up. Been 'lurking' without creating an account for a while but now I've made up my mind to get an MG EV at some stage in the near future.

I used to have a 30KWh LEAF which seemed fine when I bought it but the limited range soon became an annoyance and I went back to an ICE; a Focus ST which is a surprisingly nice car to drive despite being a bit twitchy.

Now I'm fed up with getting covered in other people's messy mistakes at the pumps and have a charger at home sitting idle so it's time to get back to an EV... I'm currently thinking about an X-Power, of course, since I like reasonably fast cars that don't look outlandish! I'm too old for the lairy stuff (never thought I'd say that LOL)

Anyway, keeping fingers crossed that I'll be able to get "things" sorted out and change the ST for an X-Power some time in the next few months.
d71ffc2f-dcf6-46c5-8bf8-2788b0ceaa7a_text.gif

Thankyou ;)

The older LEAF's were quite slow, something like 12s to 60 mph for the 30 kWh version I think. Quick off the mark but they ran out of steam very quickly, quick to 40 then it was like hitting a brick wall. The new ones are substantially faster. They were all about economy back then though and seen mainly as town cars, performance was secondary. Like him or loathe him, I think Musk lit a fire under the EV manufacturers backsides.

Fastest accelerating car I've owned so far was a little Renault 5 Turbo with a wastegate control, seems like such a long time ago. Person who sold it to be described it as a rocket propelled roller skate. I made it even quicker but it would be trounced by the X-Power.

It's not all about speed though. The MG4 looks like the perfect size for me. I really don't need anything bigger.

Same with me. I occasionally look enviously at the X-Power, but even after the GTi the SE SR is fast enough for me, and the car suits me perfectly. Hatchback in just the right size, and the cost-cutting compromises are mainly things I don't care about.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom