Scheduled Charging

Ekers

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
My MG4 starts charging, with a slight pause, when I plug-in.... when I've saved scheduled charge (0031 to 0429). I have to remember to 'finish charging' and re-save the schedule... cant be right??
Also a general question. I read that EV's cant jump start another car but the MG4 has a standard looking lead acid battery.. can I not use this??

Plug in after you place the car in READY state.
Then lock car.
The charging schedule start time should then work.
It will stop at the correct end time either way.

The 12v battery is there only to bring the car's electronics alive, it is not powerful enough to turnover an ICE. If you want to help an ICE car then but a battery booster which will come in handy if your car's 12v battery drains. See lots of info on this topic in other threads.

All 'smart' chargers in the UK are required to have a randomised delay on start up (think what would happen to the grid if everyone has their car set to charge exactly at the start of a cheap period).

All 'smart' chargers in the UK are required to have a randomised delay on start up (think what would happen to the grid if everyone has their car set to charge exactly at the start of a cheap period).
The OP was alluding to the MG4 scheduled charge well known issue already discussed in a separate thread at length.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 526 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back