School Zone Warning

AC881

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Is there any way to switch off the warning about school zones? It’s really annoying on weekends/evenings when it doesn’t need to be on.

Sounds like you’re referring to the Speed Limit Sign Recognition…it can be turned off, but has to be done every time the car is put into Ready mode, much like LKA, and it’s just below LKA in that screen

Is there any way to switch off the warning about school zones? It’s really annoying on weekends/evenings when it doesn’t need to be on.
I turned the volume down to 2 in the settings for the indicators and the school zone symbol still comes up but without the vocal warning.Has stayed like that

I have only heard that when using the SatNav. Don’t know if you can turn it off in there as I haven’t used the Sat Nav a lot.

It only occurs when navigation is being displayed.

I've not tested it but I think you turn it off by doing the following:

Press the three dots
Press the cog
"More settings"
"Alert preferences"
"Road safety alerts" to off

IMG_20230727_173740.jpg

IMG_20230727_173911.jpg

I just noticed when you turn down to minimum the alerts in settings the school warning voice does still come on but at a much lower volume,at least you dnt have to keep resetting it every time you use the satnav,not so annoying 😒

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 533 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back