Scottish members- where are you?

Sorry I am going to have to miss this one. I've just had some surgery and although Mrs Simondi is willing to drive me I couldn't sit in the car for the journey from Ayrshire.
Have a brilliant meet and post up loads of pictures
No probs - hope you get better soon and we'll do it again in the near future I'm sure!

Cheers

Bloggsy

This all sounds great. Stirling it is then. How many are coming?
Hi Dave - unsure as I've lost count but around 5 or 6. Not as many as I'd obviously like but it's the first time (as far as I know!) we've come together so not too bad a start.

At any rate, as long as someone else turns up it'll save me having to keep the wife amused myself! :ROFLMAO:

Cheers

Bloggsy

I will not have my MG by then (still waiting on EST paperwork) but considering I live within 3 miles of the Falkirk hub, I was intending popping down on my current EV (it is a bike).

I am reluctant to make my way as far as Stirling until I have my new EV (I don't want to have to put any more fuel in my current car!).
Sorry - just noticed this reply! Apologies for moving the venue, it would've been nice to meet you and give you the opportunity to pick the members' brains. I also went through the EST process so don't worry, it'll come through eventually and you'll be able to pick up your new EV soon! (y)

Look out for the next meet when you'll have picked up your new 'toy'! ;)

Cheers

Bloggsy

Sorry - just noticed this reply!
I wouldn't worry. For some reason my reply got held up requiring moderation (my other posts have not). Perhaps it was too long for a newbie.

It has certainly been a frustrating wait for the EST stuff. Though, it has given me plenty of time to read up on all the problems others have come across and hopefully be more prepared.

I wouldn't worry. For some reason my reply got held up requiring moderation (my other posts have not). Perhaps it was too long for a newbie.

It has certainly been a frustrating wait for the EST stuff. Though, it has given me plenty of time to read up on all the problems others have come across and hopefully be more prepared.
I feel your pain! My EST process was very straightforward and largely helped by Wullie at Frasers of Falkirk which knew what was required so had the paperwork from his side ready for me. :cool:

I also went a bit paranoid and delivered the documents to the EST offices myself (they're located at Ocean Point in Leith, Edinburgh so I just popped down and left them with the building reception).

After a telephone interview, it took about 2 weeks for the money to come through and was duly transferred to Frasers the same day. Wullie confirmed receipt of the money and we just arranged a day for me and the wife to pop in and pick up the car but I was chomping at the bit everyday! :rolleyes:

Good luck!

Cheers

Bloggsy

I feel your pain! My EST process was very straightforward and largely helped by Wullie at Frasers of Falkirk which knew what was required so had the paperwork from his side ready for me. :cool:

I also went a bit paranoid and delivered the documents to the EST offices myself (they're located at Ocean Point in Leith, Edinburgh so I just popped down and left them with the building reception).

After a telephone interview, it took about 2 weeks for the money to come through and was duly transferred to Frasers the same day. Wullie confirmed receipt of the money and we just arranged a day for me and the wife to pop in and pick up the car but I was chomping at the bit everyday! :rolleyes:

Good luck!

Cheers

Bloggsy
Can I ask a really stupid Q ...I'm assuming albeit the venue has changed the meet time is still1300hs ???

Just got back from Stirling. Good chat, great people and a fantastic meet-up! :cool:

A genuine 'thank you' to everyone that came along. We had members from Inverness and Selkirk (Scottish Borders), which is a fair trek, as well as a couple more local who 'rolled down the hill'! :ROFLMAO:

The 'sunshine dance' that I did worked and it remained dry for the whole meet and the bright yellow thing that shines 'hot' even came out a couple of times!

For those that have not visited the charging hub - you are missing out! It's just off Junction 10 of the M9 and has a row of 50Kw DC chargers, a row of 22Kw AC chargers and 2 more rows of 7Kw chargers and they're all free to use! (y)

Stirling Charging Hub.jpg

When I arrived, there were 2 other cars charging on the DC so the other 3 rows of chargers were unused. In fact, I didn't see anyone use the other chargers for the whole time we were there!

I arrived with my lunch, coffee and snacks:

Arriving for the meet up.jpg

as there weren't any facilities there but for those who may want to visit here in future, there is a small cafe/restaurant nearby and other places to get food and drink further along the road, into Stirling (McD's and Sainsbury's).

Anyway, it was really nice to put faces to names and compare our cars and experiences.Members 1.jpg

Just for the record - we had 2 blue cars, 2 red cars and a white car - but we couldn't agree on which colour was the best! :unsure: Even though it's obviously red! :ROFLMAO:

Stirling Charging Hub 2.jpg

I did try and take a selfie so we could all be in the photo:
Selfie.jpg

but, as my wife and children will confirm, I'm not the best (sorry Archie and Dave for 'cutting off your heads'! :rolleyes:

It was a fantastic day and we will have to meet up again - hopefully, we can encourage some of the other members who couldn't make it today, to come along next time? All are welcome!

Cheers

Bloggsy

Glad it well, health permitting will be at the next one
You were missed but, obviously, totally understand - your health has to come first!

Hopefully, they'll get a charging hub somewhere around Edinburgh-Glasgow corridor so we can have our next meet a bit closer to Ayrshire. Who knows, by that time we may get to use the Tesla Chargers at Eurocentral! ;)

Cheers

Bloggsy

Yes it was a fine day out. Good company, good weather and many interesting facts and stories shared. Thanks to all.

Just got back from Stirling. Good chat, great people and a fantastic meet-up! :cool:

A genuine 'thank you' to everyone that came along. We had members from Inverness and Selkirk (Scottish Borders), which is a fair trek, as well as a couple more local who 'rolled down the hill'! :ROFLMAO:

The 'sunshine dance' that I did worked and it remained dry for the whole meet and the bright yellow thing that shines 'hot' even came out a couple of times!

For those that have not visited the charging hub - you are missing out! It's just off Junction 10 of the M9 and has a row of 50Kw DC chargers, a row of 22Kw AC chargers and 2 more rows of 7Kw chargers and they're all free to use! (y)

View attachment 3999

When I arrived, there were 2 other cars charging on the DC so the other 3 rows of chargers were unused. In fact, I didn't see anyone use the other chargers for the whole time we were there!

I arrived with my lunch, coffee and snacks:

View attachment 4000

as there weren't any facilities there but for those who may want to visit here in future, there is a small cafe/restaurant nearby and other places to get food and drink further along the road, into Stirling (McD's and Sainsbury's).

Anyway, it was really nice to put faces to names and compare our cars and experiences.View attachment 4001

Just for the record - we had 2 blue cars, 2 red cars and a white car - but we couldn't agree on which colour was the best! :unsure: Even though it's obviously red! :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 4003

I did try and take a selfie so we could all be in the photo:
View attachment 4002

but, as my wife and children will confirm, I'm not the best (sorry Archie and Dave for 'cutting off your heads'! :rolleyes:

It was a fantastic day and we will have to meet up again - hopefully, we can encourage some of the other members who couldn't make it today, to come along next time? All are welcome!

Cheers

Bloggsy
Thx for arranging this meet Bloggsy, it was well worthwhile for:
1. meeting the faces
2. chatting about various points and most of all
3. listening to all that Dave missed out on when buying his car !!! :cool:

I think we all learned about various points that the car had to offer and + and potential faults that needed attention. Fully agree that another meet should be arranged in the future and hopefully even more members can make the trip....

Glad you guys had fun and sorry I couldnt make it being down in Yorkshire on holiday/work. See you all at the next meet.

Electric Burns at Stirling.

As petrolheads are seen to cry

When oil wells begin to dry

While we collect our motive go

In sun or when fine breezes blow

We think nought in anticipation

The drive t’ward our destination

Where sits our lovely lady fair

Rolling her eyes or pulling at hair

When at lights in sporty mode

An MG’s battery power flowed

Or at that roundabout in haste

Electrons never went to waste

This situation yestreen came

Enroute to land of Wallace fame

As aged Castle wall we rounded

Freedom fuel dreams abounded

But as we neared the travel hub

With no supply of any grub

A magic vision stood before us

Oriental steeds in silent chorus

And by the suns abundant light

Was seen a truly wondrous sight

For to the beak of every beast

arms extended an ampere feast

Around that EV hungry brood

Electric mahouts proudly stood

Lamenting ticking steering racks

Displaying frunks the others lack

A granny holder (not a human)

Headlights full of excess lumens

The chat excited all were curious

Topics coming fast and furious

Till all at once we heard a roar

“My battery’s full I need no more”

In an instant all was hushed

Sat nav set and off they rushed

Now if this tale inspires a dream

Or petrol prices cause a scream

Just think, it’s really very clear

To an MG meet you have to steer

Electric Burns at Stirling.

As petrolheads are seen to cry

When oil wells begin to dry

While we collect our motive go

In sun or when fine breezes blow

We think nought in anticipation

The drive t’ward our destination

Where sits our lovely lady fair

Rolling her eyes or pulling at hair

When at lights in sporty mode

An MG’s battery power flowed

Or at that roundabout in haste

Electrons never went to waste

This situation yestreen came

Enroute to land of Wallace fame

As aged Castle wall we rounded

Freedom fuel dreams abounded

But as we neared the travel hub

With no supply of any grub

A magic vision stood before us

Oriental steeds in silent chorus

And by the suns abundant light

Was seen a truly wondrous sight

For to the beak of every beast

arms extended an ampere feast

Around that EV hungry brood

Electric mahouts proudly stood

Lamenting ticking steering racks

Displaying frunks the others lack

A granny holder (not a human)

Headlights full of excess lumens

The chat excited all were curious

Topics coming fast and furious

Till all at once we heard a roar

“My battery’s full I need no more”

In an instant all was hushed

Sat nav set and off they rushed

Now if this tale inspires a dream

Or petrol prices cause a scream

Just think, it’s really very clear

To an MG meet you have to steer
Very moving Archie - well done! I didn't realise you had so many talents! A frunk and a mastery of the written word! :cool:

See you at the next meet!

Cheers

Bloggsy

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom