Scottish MG4/EV drivers gathering in South Queensferry (Down the Hatch) on Sunday April 16th, 10:00am

Can you make it?

• Total voters

FiferMG4

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
I thought it would be nice to put faces to usernames and have a good blether about all things MG4/electric vehicles at a relatively central location for those living in Scotland. Of course, if you live outwith Scotland, you’re more than welcome to join us!

The diner Down the Hatch menu comes highly recommended by @Leni16 , especially the breakfast, so that’s why I’m thinking a time of 10:00am.

I shall get an idea of how many people would like to attend from the poll and some time next week, book a table.

Date: Sunday, 16th of April
Time: 10:00am
Place: Down the Hatch diner in South Queensferry

Please register your interest in the five day poll, after which I’ll check how many would like to come and book us a table.

Hope to see you there!

Can recommend the breakfasts, it's a Canadian place their breakfasts come in skillets. Always busy.

I might make this, taking my life into my own hands turning up here though, might get lynched by some of the more ardent fan boys/girls 😉

Just noticed Retsiba is a maybe, so got some back up👍

Can recommend the breakfasts, it's a Canadian place their breakfasts come in skillets. Always busy.

I might make this, taking my life into my own hands turning up here though, might get lynched by some of the more ardent fan boys/girls 😉

Just noticed Retsiba is a maybe, so got some back up👍
You'll have to hire an MG4 and go in disguise

What a great idea. I would join in but it is 500 miles each way! 😁
Och, it’s only three full charges one way. 😅
73440D1F-05FC-4E8E-9616-A632E3DBD983.png

I

Mg4's are the best thing since sliced bread, surely it could manage the return journey on one charge👍😉
In Eco mode with a strong tailwind, average 23 degrees centigrade, tailgating a wide load doing 63mph, I reckon he’d be in with a chance.

Hmm, nice idea but it's a bit early for me. Before retiring I used to drive from just south of Ayr to Edinburgh a few times a month for work and at that time of the morning just planning trying to get through Glasgow Kingston Bridge was enough to bring me out in a cold sweat. Love the idea of thinking Edinburgh was central though. :)

Hmm, nice idea but it's a bit early for me. Before retiring I used to drive from just south of Ayr to Edinburgh a few times a month for work and at that time of the morning just planning trying to get through Glasgow Kingston Bridge was enough to bring me out in a cold sweat. Love the idea of thinking Edinburgh was central though. :)
The next time we could meet for lunch and make it later. This was just to take advantage of the brekkie menu at the restaurant.

You got me thinking about the centre of Scotland and according to the Ordnance Survey, the centre of mainland Scotland is somewhere between Loch Tummel and Loch Tay, not far from Kenmore or Aberfeldy.

Last edited:
The next time we could meet for lunch and make it later. This was just to take advantage of the brekkie menu at the restaurant.

You got me thinking about the centre of Scotland and according to the Ordnance Survey, the centre of mainland Scotland is somewhere between Loch Tummel and Loch Tay, not far from Kenmore or Aberfeldy.
Are you sure the centre of Scotland isn't near Bristol? Would be much easier for me if it was!

Are you sure the centre of Scotland isn't near Bristol? Would be much easier for me if it was!
For a good while the southern most part of Scotland was York, we liked going on our holidays there, we liked it so much we thought we would keep it and everything north of it👍

For a good while the southern most part of Scotland was York, we liked going on our holidays there, we liked it so much we thought we would keep it and everything north of it👍
Doncaster was (is) the most southern part ceeded by the English to Scotland in the treaty of Durham and was never officially returned under any subsequent treaty or act of parliament following the act of union.

Also explains why Yorkshire folk are known for being tight... Were actually Scots 🤣

Last edited:
Doncaster was (is) the most southern part ceeded by the English to Scotland in the treaty of Durham and was never officially returned under any subsequent treaty or act of parliament following the act of union.

Also explains why Yorkshire folk are known for being tight... Were actually Scots 🤣
Yeah a load of Aberdonians and Fifers settled there

Good Morning guys, I’ve booked a table (under my name Barry) for four at Down the Hatch at 10am on Sunday, April 16th. Looking forward to meeting up! Here’s a screenshot of the booking and also a screenshot of the location on Google maps. If more members are able to join us, please let me know and I’ll amend the booking.
8E948219-B508-4935-8EB7-869E97F6B478.png
29D866FA-10B9-4659-96E3-16E4B91E257B.png

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 514 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 87 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums