Scottish MG4/EV drivers gathering in South Queensferry (Down the Hatch) on Sunday April 16th, 10:00am

Can you make it?

• Total voters
Queensferry and North Queensferry, like Berwick and North Berwick.

The road signs say Queensferry, as far as I can recall.
Yes, you’re right Rolfe. I remember seeing the sign for Queensferry this morning coming off the Queensferry Crossing bridge. It’s interesting, as addresses for the town end with South Queensferry, such as the library for example:
South Queensferry Library

I think there might have been a bit of mission creep. (I'd love to see the faces of the good burghers of Berwick if people started to refer to the town as South Berwick. Might be a bit of fun to try to get that going...)

To be fair, North Berwick is nowhere near Berwick ... it's quite a bit further north (40 miles vs across a river in the case of the Queensferries). And Berwick is actually Berwick-upon-Tweed :)

Fair point.

These things are weird. The village where I live used to be called Linton Roderick, but people just called it Linton. Then the Post Office got going and discovered there was another Linton in East Lothian. So instead of inquiring they arbitrarily labelled the two Lintons as West Linton and East Linton.

Without apparently realising there's another West Linton in Cumbria.

Queensferry and North Queensferry, like Berwick and North Berwick.

The road signs say Queensferry, as far as I can recall.
Yep, I had to check on Google maps so I admit defeat and promise to clean the old specs more often 🤦‍♂️

Attachments

• A5A5BCDE-B160-455F-BBA2-DB3BD3522C5C.png
    A5A5BCDE-B160-455F-BBA2-DB3BD3522C5C.png
    2 MB · Views: 69
Pah, wait until you get to Aberdeenshire and see what their villages are ‘known’ as.
Prime example, village called Aberchirder is locally known as foggieloan.
😆
My father in law came from Finzean pronounced “Fingen” 😍 michty aye there’s dozens o’ them.

My father in law came from Finzean pronounced “Fingen” 😍 michty aye there’s dozens o’ them.

Very familiar with fingen, not far from me at all and the roads around there and Strachan (Straan) are very popular with us motorcyclists.

Very familiar with fingen, not far from me at all and the roads around there and Strachan (Straan) are very popular with us motorcyclists.
Beautiful roads for bikes. My old BSA was bought in Aberdeen and used all over that area from its base just outside Banchory.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 543 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back