SE short range, spare wheel or foam can repair kit? Or on the trophy?

Standard is foam repair kit across the range. I have no idea where you would store a space saver wheel if purchased?
In the boot? On the back seats? On the front passenger seat? When a space saver is not bigger than the car itself, where there is a will there is a way.

I've got one in a 3 door MINI and the MG4 is larger than a 3 door MINI. I would hazard a guess that if a user really wanted one, they could get one in there. It might not be the plush, perfect underfloor, spare in foam insert situation, but it could be done. It might mean the boot space is compromised and shopping goes on top of it. It might be in the back seat, held/wedged with one back bench folded down. Backseat space compromise, but hey there's a spare in there. Life's all about compromises. It's the only way to get on in this jungle out there.

Last edited:
I always wondered where you put the scantily clad girlfriend when you got a puncture in a Lamborghini Countach back in the day. At least they provided you with a bag to put the wheel in before you put it in the seat .....

lamborghini-countach-spare-wheel-video-91318_1.jpg

Where there's a will there's a way....is there even a jack supplied with this car?
No.

Get a jack too. And even not getting a jack, if the worst happens and someone got a spare but no jack (they might not be able to use a jack and then change a wheel etc), they can call their breakdown service and wait for Mr AA or similar. Mr AA will have a jack and be able to do it for them. Sure beats a can of foam.

So it's wheel, jack, wheel nut wrench and live with tpms warning until you get the tyre repaired...oh the joys of modern motoring🚙 😡 🔧🤳

3 cars so far with foam only but at least they have/had a jack and tools supplied so you could remove the wheel and somehow get to a repair shop. The game has moved on now with no tools offered...hey ho it's the future you know. 🤞I have never needed to use the foam to inflate and ruin a tyre so far

Tyre Repair Kit

I have this in my current car. (Not needed to use it yet, but I have used a previous version a few times - it worked very well. In fact when I got my Golf back in 2012 I got a puncture within 2 weeks from new - I repaired it using the tar string stuff and the tyre was fine until it was replaced some 40k+ miles later ... never lost any pressure).

The same caveats for cans of gunk repair apply for this type of repair too.

3 cars so far with foam only but at least they have/had a jack and tools supplied so you could remove the wheel and somehow get to a repair shop. The game has moved on now with no tools offered...hey ho it's the future you know. 🤞I have never needed to use the foam to inflate and ruin a tyre so far
The gunk can allegedly be washed out of the tyre these days.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 502 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back