Seat and steering wheel heating stopped working. Resolved.

Update, car at the dealership today (for new fuses). Everything had tested ok, I got the car and adjusted the electric driver seat some what close enoug to drive it 100feet to the curtisy car to unload it in to my car. Stoped and open the door and thought to my self I better test steering wheel heat my self, no reaction. Pushed the heated seat button, no reaction, thought silly me better close the door and put the car back in ready and try again, nothing. Cheked if my electric seat adjusment stil worked, nothing.

Got new appointment next week and got a couple of the fuses for the electric seat (F11) and wil try to change it my self because the seat back is way to relaxed for my back to surviving over the weekend.

The square F11 fuse is a PEC A5 SBFC-MS 32v 30a (slow blow fuse) which is different from ordinary Japan fuses as it have split open sides, never seen one before.

Update: changed fuse F11 last saturday, F4 was ok. Fuse F11 a slow blow 30A fuse did blow before I could adjust or once I touched the electric seat back adjusment controll (I did not notice any reaction of the seat).

Heated steering wheel Fuse F4 is ok, stil no heated steering wheel when fuse F11 is out. It seems the driver seat controll module is also responsible for the heated steering wheel controlls (kind of make sence since it is responsible for the heated seats controlls in the same part of the display).

New appointment with the dealership today, any one betting on it getting fixed today? I for sure is not. 🤔

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231026-194458_Samsung Notes.jpg
    Screenshot_20231026-194458_Samsung Notes.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 58
Update: changed fuse F11 last saturday, F4 was ok. Fuse F11 a slow blow 30A fuse did blow before I could adjust or once I touched the electric seat back adjusment controll (I did not notice any reaction of the seat).

Heated steering wheel Fuse F4 is ok, stil no heated steering wheel when fuse F11 is out. It seems the driver seat controll module is also responsible for the heated steering wheel controlls (kind of make sence since it is responsible for the heated seats controlls in the same part of the display).

New appointment with the dealership today, any one betting on it getting fixed today? I for sure is not. 🤔
I think I'd be insisting they change the control module - that seems to be the common denominator here.

Wel wel wel. As I guessed no fix today, tomorrow or the next weeks. Cause, time to get parts a very frustrated parts manager do not know when new part will arrive cause the "system" is not comunicating stuff like that to the dealership before parts are on the way. MG are working on an European main partstorage but it is some time away to be realised.

The shop manger jokingly told me to better lose some weight when I came back to collect the car (know them from back when I had a 92 Honda Accord 2,2).
And you never guess what is at fault, the electric seat adjusment seatframe (whith motors) are shorting out when a person somewhere over 96kg is sitting in the seat they tested with one guy at 96kg ok and one guy at 120kg not ok (I'm 117kg).
Think this was a new one. 😉
So now the waiting game is on.🤷‍♂️

Update: changed fuse F11 last saturday, F4 was ok. Fuse F11 a slow blow 30A fuse did blow before I could adjust or once I touched the electric seat back adjusment controll (I did not notice any reaction of the seat)..........
Where did you source the new fuse please ?

Update:
Good news.
Seat frame driver side Luxury/Trophy has arrived and the car is at the dealership.
Got a Fiat edoblo to drive to, so still got e wheels.

Bad news.
They have problems, not enough of the special fuses. I presume changing the seat frame does not fix the problem, anyway new update tomorow.
Have to drive slow charging edoblo more than a day.

Shoveling snow should help ;) But I don't see much coming this week so I ordered some for you for next week...
Well I shovel snow with a "little" help from my MF375 tractor, it does have an excellent front loader with a big snow bucket and a rear mount snow blade. So not exactly a big workout. 😁

Ikon bekreftet av brukerfellesskapet

1705056255637.png

Update.
Car is fixed. Heated steering wheel and seats are now working and I can adjust the driver seat.
As far as I know the fix was to change to a new electric seat frame (new motors).

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 509 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back