Seat belt Warning light

I do believe that we might be discussing 2 different things. There is the seatbelt indicator that shows a top view of the car with the seats that don't have their seatbelts buckled in red (goes away if you push the OK button on the steering wheel.
I believe the OP was talking about the red seatbelt warning light in the speedometer. I have not been able to establish a pattern to it. Sometimes it stays on, sometimes it goes away, sometimes it never shows. All this whether I'm alone in the car or with passengers.
Yes, that's the light that has confused me.
The book says it's a reminder seat belt light, not a warning light.
Found once it goes out, and you stop the car, without turning it off, unplug the seat belt, comes on a immediately, plug belt back in, goes out straight away, so only if turn motor off and on again, does light stay on for a while, and as you said, sometimes longer then other times.

I do believe that is the case, yes. Why? I couldn't say.
The front seats have sensors which I presume work on weight, I took some parcels down to the P.O and the seat belt warning light stayed on all the way, went off on the return journey. I was told the rear seats do not have sensors in but the seat belt does, this goes off eventually whether there are people in the back or not, its there, I presume, to ensure the driver reminds rear passengers to belt up.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom