Secret engineering mode menu. What do the settings mean?

I downloaded a translating app to my I-phone, and once gaining access to the engineering screen I took some photos of them and the app then translated what you see in my reply. Albeit I wouldn't trust it to make any changes to the system. It was a fun exercise.

I downloaded a translating app to my I-phone, and once gaining access to the engineering screen I took some photos of them and the app then translated what you see in my reply. Albeit I wouldn't trust it to make any changes to the system. It was a fun exercise.
Willie,

Can you tell me how to enter the engineeringsmode from the new model mg zs ev from 2022.
Thank you

Hi folks,
Not sure if you have seen my recent posts here on the screen lock of engineering mode: Engineering Mode \ CAN INFO \ Screen and Button Options Locked
I thought it is because of my new HW Version HW002 but it seems the author's post was also HW002 so I am keen to see if there any tips on unlocking the screen at Engineering mode.
Video here: LockedEngineeringModeCANInfo.mp4
Hi, I also have a Gen 1 ZS and have looked at these Engineering screens some time ago when they first came to light. I was able to enable the mode and activated the 'Climate Control' (display screen), which allowed set a temperature to be displayed rather than the UK Default blue to red colour bar. However, since the Gen 1 ZS doesn't have the sensors and hardware to provide Climate control the alternative display you have enabled is just that, an alternative 'display' and nothing more. It seems that MG built just one system for many deployments on different vehicle hardware (ie MG5) which do have climate control. So the screen which displays a temperature in degrees C is totally misleading so I changed it back to the original display.

Is there something similar on the 2022 zs ev?
Sorry I've not played around with the Facelift model but there may be. The 1st Gen car infotainment system was Windows based whereas the new generations of MG are Android based so underpinned by a Linux Kernal and therefore more responsive which means they don't carry over all that Windows OS Legacy I guess.

Sorry I've not played around with the Facelift model but there may be. The 1st Gen car infotainment system was Windows based whereas the new generations of MG are Android based so underpinned by a Linux Kernal and therefore more responsive which means they don't carry over all that Windows OS Legacy I guess.
Just thought I'd ask no need to be sorry.
I've had a play around myself and can't find anything yet. If I do I will post it.
But I found attaching a mouse to the usb port doesn't go well

Did this with samsung TV once and even following the guides turned it into a brick.

Not sure I'd need with these things on a 30k car:unsure::unsure::unsure:

I've tried tapping all sorts of things in the menus etc with no joy. Nothing even comes up asking for a pin

Anyone any joy with the mk 2 zs ev engineering mode? Thanks

Anyone any joy with the mk 2 zs ev engineering mode? Thanks
No luck as yet for me. I've tried all sorts with no luck. It's either very well hidden or not there. I even tried plugging in a mouse and keyboard to the usb but that did weird stuff I didn't expect.

No luck as yet for me. I've tried all sorts with no luck. It's either very well hidden or not there. I even tried plugging in a mouse and keyboard to the usb but that did weird stuff I didn't expect.
What weird stuff exactly...you have me curious :LOL:

What weird stuff exactly...you have me curious :LOL:
Well it seemed to stop all communication between the car and the infotainment system so the battery level wasn't there which worried me the most but it was a while ago now I can't remember anything else. Try it yourself in the front usb (at your own risk, it didn't break my car but I don't know if it will yours) and see if there's anything you can find

Well it seemed to stop all communication between the car and the infotainment system so the battery level wasn't there which worried me the most but it was a while ago now I can't remember anything else. Try it yourself in the front usb (at your own risk, it didn't break my car but I don't know if it will yours) and see if there's anything you can find
You provided enough info. I don't need to try it myself, thank you very much :)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom