self charging the battery

Grandad

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Hi not sure if this has been raised before.
As I still do not have the charging flap issue sorted yet, I have had to resort to self charging. However the maximum I can get to is 13 miles of battery.
If I set it to self charge when at 13 it does not and goes straight to default.
Is this the maximum I can self charge or is it because I have not had the battery fully charged since December because of the issue of not being able to charge it.

Hi not sure if this has been raised before.
As I still do not have the charging flap issue sorted yet, I have had to resort to self charging. However the maximum I can get to is 13 miles of battery.
If I set it to self charge when at 13 it does not and goes straight to default.
Is this the maximum I can self charge or is it because I have not had the battery fully charged since December because of the issue of not being able to charge it.
Hi
Could I ask the problem with the flap?

The flap will not open. I have tried the emergency release but it will not budge.
They say it is an actuator which I have been waiting on since December

Strange the flap is just a push in and will spring out or do you mean the locking pin to stop the charge plug been taken out when the car is locked. If this I take it the pin will not retract.

Anyway if you will not get much charge in to the battery a max of 80% on a long run but the amount of petrol you will use trying to charge set on high is not worth it. Just drive normal on the auto setting and let the car choose its own charge level. It will put some into the battery and when in traffic it will run on EV.

Why not instruct the garage to remove the locking solenoid until the part arrives. I can’t believe garage did not offer this.

A very poor state of affairs and very, very poor service from your dealer. Personally I would be giving both the dealer and MG a firm but polite suggestion that they get off their backsides and sort this out. FOUR months and still not corrected?
I have used Auto Express and WhatCar to get results. A factual explanation of the problem and the actions or non action the dealer and manufacturer have/have not taken to resolve said problem. WhatCar email is: [email protected] Maybe send the dealer and MG an advance copy and give them a week or so to sort it before you contact WhatCar.
Simply not acceptable service.
Demand they remove the parts from a car in their stock to repair yours and let them wait for parts.

Odd how somethings arrive just as you phone them to complain.
By now I would have worked out how much more it had cost me to drive in ICE mode than in EV Mode for the last 4 months, of course you were not able to use the EV so all miles covered in ICE, and request the cost difference be refunded to you, or maybe in the form of a free service when due. There is no way you should be out of pocket for their failure, I realise parts are sometimes short on supply but they should have been more proactive in sorting this.

Wow, haven't heard of this charge flap issue before. If this was full battery electric would they have given you a loan car for 4 months while waiting for the part to arrive?

I think I’ve come across this leccy flap stuck elsewhere, and it said there is a way in behind in the boot directly behind to physically unlock, give it a look

Just to update. The part was changed and all seems to be working okay.
Not used any petrol since it was sorted.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom