• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Service charge

Orcadian

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Is there a "Ball Park" figure for the annual service on the MG ZS EV, or does it vary from one dealership to another?
I have just changed from a Leaf to the MG and just making a comparison. Loving the MG,by the way.

In the region of £100 for the first and third “service” which is really just an inspection, £180 for the second.

Varies slightly across the country.

OMG! Thats a big jump, the last service on my leaf was the three year plus MOT and that cost £133.00

Meh, it seems pretty reasonable to me. They’ve got to bring some money in somehow.

It’s cheap compared with a lot of other cars!

Is there a "Ball Park" figure for the annual service on the MG ZS EV, or does it vary from one dealership to another?
I have just changed from a Leaf to the MG and just making a comparison. Loving the MG,by the way.
I took delivery of my MG ZS EV Exclusive 5 weeks ago bought through Perry's in Preston. I wanted to take out a Service Contract and compared a couple of MG Dealers for a 4 year Service Plan to include 2 x M.O.T. Tests.

The best deal I found was from Chorley Motors MG and just over £15.56 per month. Perry's wanted £145 more than Chorley Motors for exactly the same thing.
I did however get a breakdown of the Service costs from Perry's of each service as follows:

1st Year Service = £131.88
2nd Year Service = £233.00
3rd Year Service = £406.22
4th Year Service = 233.00

Prices incl. VAT

The overall cost, including x2 MOT at 3 years old and 4 years old at £49.00 Each is £1,102.10.
The overall cost of the Perry's service plan is £890.56 - a difference of £211.54 against paying individually for each service.

As against £745.96 with Chorley Motors

I can also cancel the service Plan if I decide to change my car earlier than 4 years and get some money back as I won't need the four year MOT in that case.

Hope this helps.

Andy

Had first service last week, £87 inclusive of VAT, one year AA Cover and a Morris the Bear.

The service prices you’ve quoted are very high...
Those are the ones quoted by Perrys, which are high I totally agree, looking at various posts ftom other members of the forum, it seems Servicing Prices are much cheaper in the South especially London than up here. I did get a better deal than Perrys from Chorley Motors, but not ad good a deal as others have been able to get in the Douth of the country.

I was told that included in the service at an MG approved dealer was AA recovery and assistance if this is the case then the service costs seem reasonable

Those are the ones quoted by Perrys, which are high I totally agree, looking at various posts ftom other members of the forum, it seems Servicing Prices are much cheaper in the South especially London than up here. I did get a better deal than Perrys from Chorley Motors, but not ad good a deal as others have been able to get in the Douth of the country.
I'm in Shropshire !

I was told that included in the service at an MG approved dealer was AA recovery and assistance if this is the case then the service costs seem reasonable
My Chorley Motors Service contract does include annual renewal of the AA assistance.

I took delivery of my MG ZS EV Exclusive 5 weeks ago bought through Perry's in Preston. I wanted to take out a Service Contract and compared a couple of MG Dealers for a 4 year Service Plan to include 2 x M.O.T. Tests.

The best deal I found was from Chorley Motors MG and just over £15.56 per month. Perry's wanted £145 more than Chorley Motors for exactly the same thing.
I did however get a breakdown of the Service costs from Perry's of each service as follows:

1st Year Service = £131.88
2nd Year Service = £233.00
3rd Year Service = £406.22
4th Year Service = 233.00

Prices incl. VAT

The overall cost, including x2 MOT at 3 years old and 4 years old at £49.00 Each is £1,102.10.
The overall cost of the Perry's service plan is £890.56 - a difference of £211.54 against paying individually for each service.

As against £745.96 with Chorley Motors

I can also cancel the service Plan if I decide to change my car earlier than 4 years and get some money back as I won't need the four year MOT in that case.

Hope this helps.

Andy

These are completely wrong, Perry's have quoted you for the Petrol ZS!!! lol!! Whatever the dealership is deciding to charge, services 1&3 should be identical for the ZS EV.

These are completely wrong, Perry's have quoted you for the Petrol ZS!!! lol!! Whatever the dealership is deciding to charge, services 1&3 should be identical for the ZS EV.
I can tell you, Perry’s do not know what they are doing, their service side and knowledge is very poor on the MG side which is why I opted for Chorley Motors Service Contract. As an example, I asked the Perry’s Service Dept almost 2 weeks ago if they could confirm that they did the latest BMS and HVB Fuse updates on my pre delivery inspection and still no answers from them. After phoning the Service on Friday, I informed them about the information available on several forums about these updates only to be told they never act on forum information and you cant always believe what the forums say, Athe guy was quite rude and insulting I thought. Still waiting for my answer about the updates.

This is what it says on my free 3 year service plan (I assume the prices don't include VAT)
Standard Services
Service Service Date. Approx Mileage. Total
Year 1 Jul 2021 15000 £72.00
Year 2 Jul 2022 30000 £137.32
Year 3 Jul 2023 45000 £72.00
This includes AA cover.
The 4th one where they change the coolant will be around £400.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom