Service plan £6 / month

I don’t know for sure but I’m guessing all the corrosion warranty check involves is a visual examination to see if you’ve had any impacts/damage that will void the warranty

I don’t know for sure but I’m guessing all the corrosion warranty check involves is a visual examination to see if you’ve had any impacts/damage that will void the warranty
No, well maybe as well, but its primarily to keep an eye on the extent of surface corrosion spread. It would now appear all our cars are prone to at least some localised seam and panel edge corrosion to the underbody structure due to the almost complete lack of underseal and/or cavity wax application apart from the wheel arches and sill sides. Hopefully it won't become serious due to the nature of the cathodic protection from the zinc coating used on the sheet steel throughout, but long term owners should probably invest in some proper rust proofing.

No, well maybe as well, but its primarily to keep an eye on the extent of surface corrosion spread. It would now appear all our cars are prone to at least some localised seam and panel edge corrosion to the underbody structure due to the almost complete lack of underseal and/or cavity wax application apart from the wheel arches and sill sides. Hopefully it won't become serious due to the nature of the cathodic protection from the zinc coating used on the sheet steel throughout, but long term owners should probably invest in some proper rust proofing.
Are you guessing or do you have info from MG about what they actually do?

Are you guessing or do you have info from MG about what they actually do?
I suppose it's an educated guess, but there's not much else a corrosion inspection can be to be honest, you look for and note the extent of any corrosion. The interesting question is what will they do if, say after 4 or 5 years they note corrosion that could go on to perforate within the warranty period? Will they take action to prevent further rusting, and at whos cost? After all, they only have to act once metal has actually perforated. Corrosion warranties are always a bit ambiguous.

I suppose it's an educated guess, but there's not much else a corrosion inspection can be to be honest, you look for and note the extent of any corrosion. The interesting question is what will they do if, say after 4 or 5 years they note corrosion that could go on to perforate within the warranty period? Will they take action to prevent further rusting, and at whos cost? After all, they only have to act once metal has actually perforated. Corrosion warranties are always a bit ambiguous.
I had mine on the ramps today and there are obvious areas of corrosion on. I am looking to undertake some preventative work.

Did you t
Unfortunately No. My mate took the picture of his first EV ‘commission’ but when it gets done there will be plenty of before and after pictures.

Attachments

• 6D76E1ED-FC0A-4100-A508-F90AA0C7C337.jpeg
    6D76E1ED-FC0A-4100-A508-F90AA0C7C337.jpeg
    438.1 KB · Views: 112
Hi. I am new to the forum having acquired my mg zs ev 3 months ago. A big hello to everyone here. I am surprised and to an extent shocked by the service plans that are available via the mg website. I got an email asking time to consider one form £6 per month. When I plugged in the details on the low mileage version it was more like £15 per month. I and from what I read so far, you’ll think is too high. This is an ev with few moving parts. There are no fluids (coolant excepted and these should last years). How can they justify charging so much for the service. I know there are basic labour rates. What do these services involve that justifies this. This is not just mg but other ev manufacturers (barring tesla) have the same idea.

Hi. I am new to the forum having acquired my mg zs ev 3 months ago. A big hello to everyone here. I am surprised and to an extent shocked by the service plans that are available via the mg website. I got an email asking time to consider one form £6 per month. When I plugged in the details on the low mileage version it was more like £15 per month. I and from what I read so far, you’ll think is too high. This is an ev with few moving parts. There are no fluids (coolant excepted and these should last years). How can they justify charging so much for the service. I know there are basic labour rates. What do these services involve that justifies this. This is not just mg but other ev manufacturers (barring tesla) have the same idea.
Welcome to the MG appreciation society...😆👏👏
You are right a degree, however there are other things to consider like software updates, electrical safety checks and very much welcomed with every MG service another full year of AA breakdown cover and sometimes a cuddly bear.
You are right to be fair, but compared to normal ICE service costs these are very much reduced.
I hope you enjoy your car as much as I love mine, 15000+ miles now of very happy and extremely cheap motoring.

Phone the service plan admin team for quotes. The do under 10,000 miles quotes but at the moment don't appear online for some reason.

I pay just over £6 a month for a 4 year plan.

Call them on 0845 413 5360

Give them the name of a couple of MG dealerships near you and they will give you quotes.

@Jaygee have a look at this thread. I explain a bit about servicing plans, what the limitations are and how to get the lowest price by paying everything up front.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom