Service today any final tips I should pay attention too

How did your service go?
Do you know what updates you got if any?
Iam interested if you had your entertainment screen updated if so what version is it on?

How do I check that

IMG_20230226_212712280_HDR.jpg

Thanks well the maps you can update yourself 22Q2 is most recent
But looks like head unit is out of date?
I am hoping @Lovemyev looks at his as I think he said he had a update to his head unit

That's interesting. Dealer is only 5 min from my house I assume all updates should be part of standard service?
Did you already have the update done to pause charging when unlocking so you can remove cable?
If not does that work now?

Screenshot_20230227-114111.png

Edit just seen you have a standard range so your numbers will be different as you don't have slide bar on battery so R15 may explain it do you get DAB art work? (Mine is a long range non connect)

Last edited:
The car is charging right now so I just checked. if I unlock the car it continues to charge and I can't unplug it unless I get in a car and stop charging.

The car is charging right now so I just checked. if I unlock the car it continues to charge and I can't unplug it unless I get in a car and stop charging.
Ok software is out of date then do you do much DC charging as the unlock to remove cable was a side effect of the anti-bricking update to VCU and BMS I believe

Thanks well the maps you can update yourself 22Q2 is most recent
But looks like head unit is out of date?
I am hoping @Lovemyev looks at his as I think he said he had a update to his head unit
Hi @N2STY .
I will check the head unit software version in the morning - sorry it's a bit hectic at the moment.
The dealer did tell me that they HAD updated the head unit software / firmware, but I have no idea of what it was originally sorry.
The BCM has been updated in some way, because I can now pause the charge, by unlocking the car with the key fob, which will allow the charging cable to be removed from the charging port.
It would NOT do this prior to the car getting it's first service / updates.
You had to stop the charge via the App or via the head unit first.
I still need to check the following, post updates.
If I now insert the V2L cable, then boot the car into READY mode, then request the V2L to discharge, it should power an appliance ( as before ).
But while it is discharging, will it then allow me to shut down the car, leave and lock the doors.
Will it keep suppling juice via the V2L to the appliance ??????.
Pre update if you closed the car down, the discharge via the V2L would stop instantly.
I have not had time to verify this yet, as over the last few weeks family issues have had to take priority.
I did speak personally to the service manger on the phone, a couple of days after the work had been carried out.
He did confirm that the BCM and the head unit had been updated at the time of the 1st service and that ALL available updates that COULD be applied to my car ( as of date ) had been done.

Hi @N2STY .
I will check the head unit software version in the morning - sorry it's a bit hectic at the moment.
The dealer did tell me that they HAD updated the head unit software / firmware, but I have no idea of what it was originally sorry.
The BCM has been updated in some way, because I can now pause the charge, by unlocking the car with the key fob, which will allow the charging cable to be removed from the charging port.
It would NOT do this prior to the car getting it's first service / updates.
You had to stop the charge via the App or via the head unit first.
I still need to check the following, post updates.
If I now insert the V2L cable, then boot the car into READY mode, then request the V2L to discharge, it should power an appliance ( as before ).
But while it is discharging, will it then allow me to shut down the car, leave and lock the doors.
Will it keep suppling juice via the V2L to the appliance ??????.
Pre update if you closed the car down, the discharge via the V2L would stop instantly.
I have not had time to verify this yet, as over the last few weeks family issues have had to take priority.
I did speak personally to the service manger on the phone, a couple of days after the work had been carried out.
He did confirm that the BCM and the head unit had been updated at the time of the 1st service and that ALL available updates that COULD be applied to my car ( as of date ) had been done.
No rush thank you I believe you car would have been on R16
This is a estimate Most 2022 cars original
SR\LR R15 to R16

TC R12 to R19 then I think updated to R22? To stop groundhog Day problem but seen reports of I-Smart problems

Last edited:
Did you already have the update done to pause charging when unlocking so you can remove cable?
If not does that work now?
Is this a recent update? Got stuck at a faulty charger recently that kept starting and stopping charge, car wouldn't allow the plug to be removed!

Is this a recent update? Got stuck at a faulty charger recently that kept starting and stopping charge, car wouldn't allow the plug to be removed!
It was actually released almost a year ago but dealers don't like doing updates and Skip them on services and PDI unfortunately

The battery slider to adjust the charging level percentage of SOC do you mean ?.
@N2STY Yeah - All looks the same, as far as I can tell ?.
No art work on the radio stations on DAB still.
That was the first thing I noticed when we picked up the car after it had been updated.
Do you have any art work displayed ?.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom