Service today any final tips I should pay attention too

@N2STY Yeah - All looks the same, as far as I can tell ?.
No art work on the radio stations on DAB still.
That was the first thing I noticed when we picked up the car after it had been updated.
Do you have any art work displayed ?.
No I don't but I would like so been digging and it looks like non connect models had R15 then was updated to R16 to aid OTA which no one has seen
Some people are getting artwork and I don't know why I did a poll a while ago

No I don't but I would like so been digging and it looks like non connect models had R15 then was updated to R16 to aid OTA which no one has seen
Some people are getting artwork and I don't know why I did a poll a while ago
When we had our VW Golf PHEV in 2015 - 2019 it did not have any art work displayed on the screen either, although the second batch of cars DID receive the coloured art work on the screen ?.
Could it be similar situation on the ZS EV models I wonder, where early versions missed out, but later produced models received it ?.
I seem to remember that on the VW models, you could download the art work files and then import them into the head unit via a USB dongle.
Our GPS radio signal strength is not the very best, but I starting to feel it could be related to the age / issue number of the head unit itself.
Some are updatable with the Apt work, some not ????.

Last edited:
@Lovemyev just had a thought you said they updated your head unit what maps are you on or have you already update that yourself?
Strangely enough, that thought crossed my mind this afternoon !.
No - I have NOT touched the sat nav at all.
When poking through the screens yesterday, I did notice an "Update" button, have you spotted this, what is updating ( and how ) and does it work ?.
Was it intended for use with OTA updates ?.
I will check what I am running and post back a picture ASAP.

Strangely enough, that thought crossed my mind this afternoon !.
No - I have NOT touched the sat nav at all.
When poking through the screens yesterday, I did notice an "Update" button, have you spotted this, what is updating ( and how ) and does it work ?.
Was it intended for use with OTA updates ?.
I will check what I am running and post back a picture ASAP.
The update button is designed to force it to look for over the air updates if you click it it should check servers but all it's ever said to me no updates found or something like that

@Maciej any luck chasing this up?

It was crazy day at work yesterday didn't have time to ring welcome to NHS where breaks are the luxury. If all goes well I will call them today and find out

Rang them today. They said for my software is up to date for SR Trophy NOT connect so I'm not sure now what is true

Rang them today. They said for my software is up to date for SR Trophy NOT connect so I'm not sure now what is true
That's the problem dealers are just not interested the fact your on R15 and you can't remove cable on unlock is proof at least 2 updates are needed it's a real shame it ruins the ownership experience

The anti bricking update is to all models my car is a trophy R16 connect is R22 so there is no confusion

@Maciej
This is mine. SR Trophy
5219E9DA-8041-4EF4-8157-E18BD254536D.jpeg

I have a SR Trophy and I can definitely remove the cable by unlocking. I did it yesterday at a free PodPoint charger. I’ll check the software version shortly.

@N2STY
Do you mean temporarily pausing AC charging and removing cable? If so, I can’t confirm either way. I have only ever charged 00.30 - 04.30, and never had an occasion to interrupt the process. Sorry!
I had the same situation, so I decided to briefly turn off my scheduled charging in the head unit then plugged the car into our wall box.
Locked the doors and allowed it to commence charging, after about 30seconds I unlocked the car with the fob.
The doors etc unlocked but the car carried on charging and it would NOT let me pull out the type 2 cable.
Had to stop the charge in the App.
That was good enough to prove that I did NOT have the update, so I turned my scheduled charging back on !.
After the update was done ( about three weeks ago ) I repeated the same process and when I unlocked the car with the fob, I could hear the cable unlock and pause the charging which allowed me to remove the type 2 cable..
Had I left it in place, it would have relocked the cable in place and continued charging.
So as @N2STY has said, these appears to be a good DIY method of checking if you have the HV charging update or not.

I have a SR Trophy and I can definitely remove the cable by unlocking. I did it yesterday at a free PodPoint charger. I’ll check the software version shortly.

Attachments

• 39C57D19-40F5-4712-BC4E-09A85A829D90.jpeg
    39C57D19-40F5-4712-BC4E-09A85A829D90.jpeg
    462.1 KB · Views: 66
Thank you for those updates looks like people are ahead of me with software version really annoying because it's hard to argue with service people when they say their computer says it's all up to date

Thank you for those updates looks like people are ahead of me with software version really annoying because it's hard to argue with service people when they say their computer says it's all up to date
If the service people disagree, I would take my granny charger along, plug it in and start a charge. Unlock the car and ask them to remove the cable. Point proven. :)

If the service people disagree, I would take my granny charger along, plug it in and start a charge. Unlock the car and ask them to remove the cable. Point proven. :)
And show them all the pictures of same car as yours on R16
(I am pretty sure there is a newer version then R16 out there)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom