Settings for Scheduled Charging with Zappi

MTS

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I'm have a zappi installed at home and will be moving to the Octopus Go tariff soon. Do I set the scheduled charging in the car or the zappi or both to make it charge in the cheaper rate period? Which of the car or the zappi should be the 'master' in terms of controlling the scheduled charging?

I have read posts where people have said the scheduled charging didn't work as expected and I am trying to understand in advance how to set it all up properly.

I prefer to have the timer set on the charger (Zappi in your case) and leave the car timer unset. It avoids any hassle if you have to charge the car elsewhere on a long trip and forget to clear the car settings :(

I prefer to have the timer set on the charger (Zappi in your case) and leave the car timer unset. It avoids any hassle if you have to charge the car elsewhere on a long trip and forget to clear the car settings :(
Thanks, that was going to be my next question if the car was set to scheduled charging then it would be a hassle if I was charging it elsewhere!! Great, I will play around with the Zappi settings and give it a test.

Using scheduled charging in the car works fine with my old dumb Rolec.
Rapid (CCS) chargers ignore any schedule set up in the car, so only an issue if you AC charge while out & about.

Just remove any schedules set in the car and let the Zappi do the work.
do you have any solar panels to use surplus for the car?
yea solar and battery install booked in for Jan.

I'm not sure during this time of the year , if there will be much surplus which will first go to the home battery anyway before the car. So I'm not expecting much from that and will again have to play with the settings in the zappi when we start getting into spring/summer.

I also use the Zappy charger for scheduled charging and not the car. I have tried it both ways but the car’s s/w got its knickers in a twist when I tried to cancel the schedule via the iSmart app whereas the Zappi charger's myenergi app never misses a beat.

I did scratch my head for a while figuring out the Eco versus Eco+ charging modes.

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom