Sheduled and percentage charging using iSMART app

cgbg

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Sheduled charging using the iSMART app

New to EVs so sorry if this has been asked before.
In setting the charge shedule overnight to use the EV tariff does the % charge that I set as well override the sheduled times? Ie if in the sheduled times set the MG4 Trophy hadn’t reached the set % will it just carry on charging over the set times until it reaches the % set or stop at the time set?
Tried it last night and whilst time was set it just carried on charging.

Technically they're both Type 2 as that's the AC socket type on the car. ;) What matters more is the rating of the power supply ... I assume you mean you have a 7kW wall box. :)

If i am doing a scheduled charge, i don't set a percentage i.e. just charge from 00:30 to 04:30
On the schedule charge page I don’t see the % but on the previous one it does.

Just watched a YouTube video where it looks like a scheduled charge just charges during time set.
In the car scheduling ( not the iSMART app) there is the option to charge beyond scheduled time.
It said it then starts at the scheduled time but there is no finishing time do that it continues to charge until set % is reached.
Think this has answered my question.
Wish the iSMART app would offer this option too.

Thanks gif your help

Have you a link to the video please ?....or the video title to search ? TIA
Sorry a friend showed me so I haven’t a link for it. She had just searched charging using the iSMART app and on the infotainment in the car.
In the car you can set the start time for a charge to a certain %. On the app it appears it is start and end time. I think I was confused as obviously before I was able to get the % charge I wanted within the start and end times. Last night I wasn’t.

On the schedule charge page I don’t see the % but on the previous one it does.

Just watched a YouTube video where it looks like a scheduled charge just charges during time set.
In the car scheduling ( not the iSMART app) there is the option to charge beyond scheduled time.
It said it then starts at the scheduled time but there is no finishing time do that it continues to charge until set % is reached.
Think this has answered my question.
Wish the iSMART app would offer this option too.

Thanks gif your help
The iSmart app has an option in the end time setting of the schedule to allow the car to keep charging to the set percentage rather than the end time. You only see the option when you tap the end time. I've used it on my Trophy to get to 80% when that wouldn't happen within my cheap tariff hours.

Last edited:
The iSmaet app has an option in the end time setting of the schedule to allow the car to keep charging to the set percentage rather than the end time. You only see the option when you tap the end time. I've used it on my Trophy to get to 80% when that wouldn't happen within my cheap tariff hours.
Ok thanks. That is very useful to know and I will try that

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel