MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

I wish mine was here, just had the RAC out to the Merc again, here the other week, put a new battery on it, go out yesterday and it’s flat, flat..4% in it, jump start it and it’s only pulling in 7%…looks like it’s killed the battery, so needs a new battery, which I have to pay for, it did start to pull in 12% charge only trouble was there was 10% going out somewhere..don’t really want to pay for a new battery but will have too..£250 and if we can’t find what draining the battery, it’ll do the samething again..I’m part chopping it at the dealers and luckly I have the Porsche kicking around, so will have to use that for a bit, maybe longer..

I've just moved a large number of posts to the dedicated Vanarama thread (there are lots more but it's no small task!). From now on, please post anything Vanarama specific in that thread and not this one. Should you choose to ignore this request, do not be surprised if your post is summarily deleted. :)

[ Edited Coulomb: added link to the new thread. It's in the general electric vehicle forum. ]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I've been told by the dealer my car is at sea due at dealership on 27 August.

Does anybody know name of ship as I thought it would be fun to track it!

Thanks

Hi,

I've been told by the dealer my car is at sea due at dealership on 27 August.

Does anybody know name of ship as I thought it would be fun to track it!

Thanks
None showing for the 27th; these are ships arriving around that date:
Screenshot_20220808_073451.jpg

Edit sorry miss read it's possible already here if getting to dealer on 27th

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish mine was here, just had the RAC out to the Merc again, here the other week, put a new battery on it, go out yesterday and it’s flat, flat..4% in it, jump start it and it’s only pulling in 7%…looks like it’s killed the battery, so needs a new battery, which I have to pay for, it did start to pull in 12% charge only trouble was there was 10% going out somewhere..don’t really want to pay for a new battery but will have too..£250 and if we can’t find what draining the battery, it’ll do the samething again..I’m part chopping it at the dealers and luckly I have the Porsche kicking around, so will have to use that for a bit, maybe longer..
Charge it up then when you have finished using it take the neg lead off. That should stop the drain.🤞🤞🤞

None showing for the 27th; these are ships arriving around that date:View attachment 10143
Edit sorry miss read it's possible already here if getting to dealer on 27th
I'd assume 10-15d before the 27th to account for transport from Portbury to the dealership.

It maybe here already having arrived on Leo Spirit. Along with all of our waiting orders - wouldn't that be nice!

For Tusker customers, some information. I logged into my account today and it's been updated (Weekly Sunday update) after months of saying delivery 'Late September" to dealership now also says your employer delivery window "1-13th" of, I assume October. This is the most accurate update they given so far so let's hope that's correct after 10 months

Charge it up then when you have finished using it take the neg lead off. That should stop the drain.🤞🤞🤞
If only it was that easy..the battery won’t hold a charge for it to change up, have a mechanic coming tomorrow to have a look at it, he knows a electrical guy, that could come out and give it a kick and tell it to stop messing about..

Last edited:
I've just moved a large number of posts to the dedicated Vanarama thread (there are lots more but it's no small task!). From now on, please post anything Vanarama specific in that thread and not this one. Should you choose to ignore this request, do not be surprised if your post is summarily deleted. :)

[ Edited Coulomb: added link to the new thread. It's in the general electric vehicle forum. ]
Hooray, no more vanabloodyrama on this thread.

I ordered in January and got a cancellation so not sure when it was originally ordered. I was told mid August for delivery so its on time
Your Dealers in Dublin were ahead of the game. Back in January the dealers in the UK were giving 4 month expected delivery when I ordered.
Your dealer gave 7 months delivery in January and it was delivered on time.
Maybe there are people in the MG delivery process that know what they are doing?

For Tusker customers, some information. I logged into my account today and it's been updated (Weekly Sunday update) after months of saying delivery 'Late September" to dealership now also says your employer delivery window "1-13th" of, I assume October. This is the most accurate update they given so far so let's hope that's correct after 10 months
Mine was saying late September but it is still showing late September now.

Ordered mid January

Last update from MG dealer: TBA.

Your Dealers in Dublin were ahead of the game. Back in January the dealers in the UK were giving 4 month expected delivery when I ordered.
Maybe there are people in the MG delivery process that know what they are doing?
I doubt it, it was probably just good fortune on their part😂

Doubtful 🤣 I hate being on this thread, and i am a late comer too the party. Those poor souls whom have been posting since November last year!! You all deserve a medal for good conduct and long service!! 😀

Last edited:
Well Frank Keane MG in Dublin are the distributors for Ireland so they're pretty on the ball. There was delays with the previous shipments but they were telling customers that would happen

@Ukchris …you still looking at taking delivery this Wednesday? Hope everything goes swimmingly. Looking forward to seeing your profile to adjust to “driving an MG ….with steering rack problems” :)………(joke btw)

Mine still stays late September - does yours show your vin number? I’ve got a vin number but no idea what boat if any boat it’s on. Asked tusker to find out.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom