MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Interesting data on:
How Many Left?

According to that there have been less than 1000 MG ZS EVs registered this year...
That was a good find. Data only goes up to Q1 2022 (March) which is still not good. If they are only delivering 400 cars per month it is going to take ages to clear the backlog. I would suggest that the order book was around 6000 per month. We could be waiting some time?
There was talk of 8 ferries full of MG’s coming.
Have still only got 4 showing as loading up in Shanghai and expected arrival at Portbury.
Global Highway/Swallow Ace/Michigan Highway/Eurasian Highway.

There are a number coming in from Japan in the next couple of weeks but none show any visit to Shanghai so very little chance they will have anything MG on board.

@Ukchris …you still looking at taking delivery this Wednesday? Hope everything goes swimmingly. Looking forward to seeing your profile to adjust to “driving an MG ….with steering rack problems” :)………(joke btw)
Yep, pick it 11:00 Wednesday morning 🤞😊🤞😊

well, i'm waiting for my order of a lovely mg5 lr exclusive for my new taxi, and on friday when i called the taxi centre in glasgow they assured me that my car was on the ship on its way here and i would have it by the first week in September. here's hoping guys.. looking forward to it.
When did you order?

Called my dealer today, looking at the possibilty of switching to a MG4. He informed me that they are expecting some information by the end of this month on MG4 availability (currently not taking pre-orders), and also an update for ZS availability. They are expecting a significant uplift of ZS cars, but like you all know, pretty sure this is a guestimate, but they are really fed up with “billy No-News” for a lot of their customers which had ordered the ZS back end of last year. He imparts that many are quite cross and frustrated. Guess that is an understatement for many out there.

Called my dealer today, looking at the possibilty of switching to a MG4. He informed me that they are expecting some information by the end of this month on MG4 availability (currently not taking pre-orders), and also an update for ZS availability. They are expecting a significant uplift of ZS cars, but like you all know, pretty sure this is a guestimate, but they are really fed up with “billy No-News” for a lot of their customers which had ordered the ZS back end of last year. He imparts that many are quite cross and frustrated. Guess that is an understatement for many out there.
For sure. To be expected when many were given 4 month lead times and we are past double that. Add in the fact that some dealers have obviously sold cars during that period they've got their hands on whilst they have waiting customers on their books, and you have a lot of upset people.

MG happy to let dealers get on with it regardless 🤷‍♂️

Perrys Aylesbury have confirmed my LR Trophy is at Portbury Docks awaiting transport to the dealership, might actually have it in a couple of weeks….

Ordered 4/12/21 #teamsilver
Collecting it on Friday at 10. So 3 weeks from being offloaded to actually being able to collect from the dealership.

Evening all. Our dealer has just told us (when I queried the wait that some who have ordered through fleet / lease companies have been told), that MG are prioritising retail customers who have ordered direct through dealers and large fleet orders are being benched for now.....

All with a grain of salt I must add as I wonder what they're telling their lease / fleet customers!

While it sounds great for me, I still don't have a delivery date. Ordered 3rd March.

Evening all. Our dealer has just told us (when I queried the wait that some who have ordered through fleet / lease companies have been told), that MG are prioritising retail customers who have ordered direct through dealers and large fleet orders are being benched for now.....

All with a grain of salt I must add as I wonder what they're telling their lease / fleet customers!

While it sounds great for me, I still don't have a delivery date. Ordered 3rd March.
Crazy. An order is an order. There are customers at the end of those regardless of where they have come from and MG stand to lose rep as a result.

Spoke to my dealer today to place an order on the MG4.
Was told I couldn't place an order unless I cancel my ZS order.
He assured me that he is 99% sure my ZS will be here this year.
Guess if my car don't arrive this year he would have been 1% unsure

I’m in the same fix as you. Originally told April 7th and had the charger fitted in March in readiness. April was cancelled about 10 days after the charger was installed and I was told September was likely. I’ve since heard that the November Vanarama order wasn’t actually placed with MG until late January. Every couple of weeks I get a text message from Vanarama telling me they’re trying to source my vehicle but as far as I know, no Vanarama orders have so far been fulfilled.
Lucky you getting updates, once all my paperwork was signed and sent away Iv not heard anything from them other than reply’s to my emails for updates . Poor customer service, They we’re all nicey nicey then nothing.

Makes sense - I was told that I was told that'd likely be the case when I was shopping around initially. It does seem to be mostly retail orders that have come through, but that may just be my perception. I'm sure a couple of people have received deliveries from Tusker though... Would have to check the tracker.

Spoke to my dealer today to place an order on the MG4.
Was told I couldn't place an order unless I cancel my ZS order.
He assured me that he is 99% sure my ZS will be here this year.
Guess if my car don't arrive this year he would have been 1% unsure
Can you order the MG4 at another dealer?

Makes sense - I was told that I was told that'd likely be the case when I was shopping around initially. It does seem to be mostly retail orders that have come through, but that may just be my perception. I'm sure a couple of people have received deliveries from Tusker though
It makes sense in that it matches up to what we've seen in this thread, but it makes no sense in terms of actually treating customers well.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom