MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Hi guys, just had an e-mail from dealer that my ZSEV LR Trophy Battersea Blue ordered 07/03/2022 has been built. They said October delivery, but may be September as they are receiving cars quicker than MG delivery dates. Fingers crossed.
Do you know if yours was a new factory order or were you reassigned a car that was ordered previously by the dealer?

When I ordered my ZS beginning of February, I took a dealer stock order that was placed in November on the understanding that it would arrive sooner than if I placed a brand new order. I was told last week that MG changed their policies, and for any customers who were assigned a dealer stock order, their order date will not be deemed to be when the car was ordered, but when the customer name was assigned to the car.

Makes sense - I was told that I was told that'd likely be the case when I was shopping around initially. It does seem to be mostly retail orders that have come through, but that may just be my perception. I'm sure a couple of people have received deliveries from Tusker though... Would have to check the tracker.

Can you order the MG4 at another dealer?
I have 👌

Nice one - that's exactly what I'd do! Dealer location doesn't really matter - I'd do the journey to collect the car if it meant I'd have a better chance of getting one of the first deliveries.

When I ordered my ZS beginning of February, I took a dealer stock order that was placed in November on the understanding that it would arrive sooner than if I placed a brand new order. I was told last week that MG changed their policies, and for any customers who were assigned a dealer stock order, their order date will not be deemed to be when the car was ordered, but when the customer name was assigned to the car.
I don't think I've seen it being confirmed as a policy change before. You'll see in this thread though that some members here had contacted MG directly for a build status, only to find the order date that is confirmed in the reply was later/not the same as the dealer's initial submission date :unsure:.

Hi guys, just had an e-mail from dealer that my ZSEV LR Trophy Battersea Blue ordered 07/03/2022 has been built. They said October delivery, but may be September as they are receiving cars quicker than MG delivery dates. Fingers crossed.
Hope this is right as I ordered mine on the 5/3/22 all exactly the same spec. Maybe yours and mine will have followed each other of the production line.

For Tusker customers, some information. I logged into my account today and it's been updated (Weekly Sunday update) after months of saying delivery 'Late September" to dealership now also says your employer delivery window "1-13th" of, I assume October. This is the most accurate update they given so far so let's hope that's correct after 10 months
Argh mine has just updated from Sept to Dec. Wtf??

I'm just absolutely gutted. I have a 2 year old, and am sick of borrowing or hiring cars, changing car seats etc. Its just getting me down now.

Ordered 19/12/21 and shows as put in or picked up by MG late Jan 22? LR T Silver, last thing I had was “on shortage” “TBA” never been given a date after the end of March, when I ordered it, which I understand was what the date given to the dealership by MG UK, guess they don’t want to give out guess-dating, I just hope that a car turns up at the dealership, off one of the ships coming in this month or next month, but not holding my breath..

Just wanted to check with Tusker customers - a few of you know your dealership - how did you find that information out? I can’t see anything on my order page online?
For context: Ordered T-LR on 4th Feb and I’ve seen a couple of people around these dates have either had a concrete delivery or at least know their supplying dealership…

Just wanted to check with Tusker customers - a few of you know your dealership - how did you find that information out? I can’t see anything on my order page online?
For context: Ordered T-LR on 4th Feb and I’ve seen a couple of people around these dates have either had a concrete delivery or at least know their supplying dealership…
I ordered on the 23rd March with Tusker and shortly afterwards received a confirmation email of order by Luscombe MG.

Hope this is right as I ordered mine on the 5/3/22 all exactly the same spec. Maybe yours and mine will have followed each other of the production line.
Lets hope that it is not just ours and its most of the people on this thread who I know has been waiting much longer than us.

This was brought up earlier in the thread. Basically, every lease car I've had the dealer contacted me directly to confirm order details. Some people on here seem to think that isn't typical, but it is my experience.

In this case Luscombe contacted me directly in Jan to confirm.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom