MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Unfortunately I have just emailed my dealer and got the reply of TBA so no sign yet
Your dealer replies quickly. I contacted mine a week ago and no response…again. My clients ring within an hour if I don’t reply to check I got the email.

When I ordered my ZS beginning of February, I took a dealer stock order that was placed in November on the understanding that it would arrive sooner than if I placed a brand new order. I was told last week that MG changed their policies, and for any customers who were assigned a dealer stock order, their order date will not be deemed to be when the car was ordered, but when the customer name was assigned to the car.
That’s an interesting scenario - I do wonder if anyone with order numbers <49k are still waiting?

Mine still stays late September - does yours show your vin number? I’ve got a vin number but no idea what boat if any boat it’s on. Asked tusker to find out.
No Vin number. But got email back from dealer saying MG showing car is expected to arrive at dealership by17th September.

Argh mine has just updated from Sept to Dec. Wtf??
Yes it is frustrating, having to work out borrowing cars and using 1 car with both of us at different jobs. I ordered 1st week Dec 21 LR trophy, dealer is Luscombe. So by the time I get it would have been 10 month from placing order (that's if the new information is true of course...)

Unfortunately I have just emailed my dealer and got the reply of TBA so no sign yet
Yes, at least that's genuine though. That's the what dealers should be giving as info until it is built and on the way as that's the MG line.

Yes it is frustrating, having to work out borrowing cars and using 1 car with both of us at different jobs. I ordered 1st week Dec 21 LR trophy, dealer is Luscombe. So by the time I get it would have been 10 month from placing order (that's if the new information is true of course...)
Hello all. just popped back as I have been going through the remaining paperwork of my ZS. In the glove box is a certificate of conformity which states the car was built on the 28th April 2022..
So this may help with some clarity of time scales involved.
Ordered November 2021, built 5 month later in April 22 Delivered 5th August 22.
all the best

I don't mean to pee on anyone's cornflakes, but when chatting to the sales manager at BSM Carlisle Sunday he was saying when my se lr came in they had a full transporter full of which only 2 (mine and 1 other) were zs ev's the rest were hs phevs.

Had the call from MG Leicester with the happy news my Blue Trophy Long Range is due 25th Oct and I will be able to pick it up as quickly as they can PDI it! Was ordered beginning of March - hope more people get good news soon🤞
That’s good news for a number of reasons. Obviously great news for you. There are a number of us waiting for this exact spec of car and so hopefully they are making a batch of them. Mine was ordered on 6th January. It must be on the production line now if they are claiming end of October delivery.

Had the call from MG Leicester with the happy news my Blue Trophy Long Range is due 25th Oct and I will be able to pick it up as quickly as they can PDI it! Was ordered beginning of March - hope more people get good news soon🤞
That seems a long way out to be promising delivery... that's longer than the boat takes to get here plus processing...hmm.

I don't mean to pee on anyone's cornflakes, but when chatting to the sales manager at BSM Carlisle Sunday he was saying when my se lr came in they had a full transporter full of which only 2 (mine and 1 other) were zs ev's the rest were hs phevs.
I don't think that affects anyone. Expectations shouldn't be based on the contents of the back a transporter.

My expectations are pretty much in the toilet right now.

Why are they able to fill march orders before December orders? At what point is a car assigned to a customer? Guess only MG has the answers. Won't cancel because we got a good deal, but will never buy a factory build car again, preregistered from now on. Wednesdays meltdown done.

That seems a long way out to be promising delivery... that's longer than the boat takes to get here plus processing...hmm.
If you look at RockJaw last post - from exiting the production line to collection at the dealer was over 3 months. Therefore this car could be on the production line?

I ordered on the 2nd November, complete with the applied for £2500 OZEV grant. My concern now is with the expiring OZEV grant which in my case expires on the 1st November (12 months after application). If I don't receive the car before then, the grant is lost. I'm sure I'm in the same situation as many others on the board.
I've been asking my dealer to push MG to allocate cars in the same order as when the OZEV grant was applied for. If enough dealers pushed for this, MG may perhaps listen. If this happened, it will help to reduce the number of customers who lose their OZEV grants due to the random allocation of cars by MG.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom