MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Anyone who ordered a MG5 LR late August/early September had any update?
Hi, we ordered our MG5 LR Exclusive (Westminster Grey) on 18/8 with Glyn Hopkin St Albans, arrived a week or so ago, now on our drive. They did say some of the other colours like Piccadilly Blue would take longer (up to a month longer).

Hope that helps!

Got an update today from the dealer saying that the car is 'on the ship' due 10th Nov.
Screenshot_2021-10-11-18-41-23-892_com.opera.browser.jpg
that would be the Grand Orion that left Shanghai 4th October. Arrives in portbury on the 10th November. Only ship due in that day.

I've just been told my MG5 is on the ship and is due to dock on November 15th.

Any idea which ship this is? I am following the Grand Orion, but will that be the one?

I've just been told my MG5 is on the ship and is due to dock on November 15th.

Any idea which ship this is? I am following the Grand Orion, but will that be the one?
this shows ships arriving and the days:
Cape town highways arrives that day.

This is the vessel tracker, its currently in Japan:

this shows ships arriving and the days:
Cape town highways arrives that day.

This is the vessel tracker, its currently in Japan:
Cape Town Highway has not been to China for a long time as its coming from the US.

Grand Orion on 10th and Bosporus Highway on 11th both are.

Cape Town Highway has not been to China for a long time as its coming from the US.

Grand Orion on 10th and Bosporus Highway on 11th both are.
yes, the orion highway that just deliver, the grande spagna that arrived yesterday, and the Traviata are also good bets.

How have we gone from dealer guesstimates to knowing the exact shipping date? I enjoy tracking the ships but I don't count on my car being on any of them.

Can't we have a bit of fun guessing?
Yes, sorry, didn't mean to be the party pooper. The question was really about whether the dealers really know. I haven't rung mine as I am nervous that they will get me even more excited than I am already.... If that is possible.

Yes, sorry, didn't mean to be the party pooper. The question was really about whether the dealers really know. I haven't rung mine as I am nervous that they will get me even more excited than I am already.... If that is possible.
I ordered mine on 9th September and was told by early December.

Yesterday they updated me that it's on a ship and will be collected from the docks by 20th November, arriving there by around 15th.

This will be my 3rd EV and 3rd new car. All of my ICEs were elderly 2nd hand cars lasting 10 to 20 years old, and my second family car is 18 years old.

Nissan keep making me offers on my LEAF trying to get me to buy a new one. Why? Its the same as the one I have! The MG5 is better and will allow me to tour Europe again!

ours said December and said he will update when he knows more. All of those mentioned seem to be coming from the right place, but the ones in between are toyotas from South Africa, C-HRs from Turkey, Hondas from Mexico, Ssangyongs from Korea, Fiats from Italy, Jeeps from the US... 2,600 acre site and 16,000 car park its definitely just a bit of fun.

The Grand Orion is on its way from Greece to Barcelona and Bosporus Highway is in Turkey, 1st stop since Shanghai.

The Grand Orion is on its way from Greece to Barcelona and Bosporus Highway is in Turkey, 1st stop since Shanghai.
Are these the ships carrying the demo MG ZS EV facelift, do you think.
I'm told that my MG5 is probably on one, but the new ZS maybe a bit too early?

I've been watching the Grand Orion for a while now and it is happily heading for Barcelona as we speak.

Funny thing is I just got told my MG5 is at Portbury Docks. So it must have been snuck in on one of those "Extra Ships" we hear about.

Hurry up Portbury! :cool:

I've been watching the Grand Orion for a while now and it is happily heading for Barcelona as we speak.

Funny thing is I just got told my MG5 is at Portbury Docks. So it must have been snuck in on one of those "Extra Ships" we hear about.

Hurry up Portbury! :cool:
When did you order & what colour?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom