MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Hi mate, what wheels are on that car? I thought the ZS had those flappy plastic covers on it. Your car seems to have decent alloy wheels.
Those are the standard alloys under the facelift aero covers, at all trim levels. That hasn't changed even with the spec updates from 1st July AFAIK. They're not bad at all, just a little small though.

So to burst your bubble but it's steels under the flappy covers
These would be the standard alloy under the plastic covers

Attachments

• wheels.jpg
    wheels.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 176
Ordered the exact car as you in Feb and still TBA, I hope people who ordered before me get delivery before me.
I've just joined this so I hope I'm answering the right forum.

From reading lots of your points..... I must say I feel very lucky to have received my ZSEV LR Trophy model in Silver.

I ordered mine from Jaybee Motors in Banbury 1st December 2021 I think a week before the £2500 grant was lowered.

Now I was originally told April 2022

Then June 2022

I picked mine up luckily 9th July and I must say I'm absolutely delighted with it.

So to hear all these points made by your good selves is a real shame.

I really hope you are all able to pick up the car very soon and begin to enjoy this amazing car.

I've just joined this so I hope I'm answering the right forum.

From reading lots of your points..... I must say I feel very lucky to have received my ZSEV LR Trophy model in Silver.

I ordered mine from Jaybee Motors in Banbury 1st December 2021 I think a week before the £2500 grant was lowered.

Now I was originally told April 2022

Then June 2022

I picked mine up luckily 9th July and I must say I'm absolutely delighted with it.

So to hear all these points made by your good selves is a real shame.

I really hope you are all able to pick up the car very soon and begin to enjoy this amazing car.
I mean, great, but all this does is illustrate further the completely haphazard potluck of MG order allocation.

Today, I got an update from my car dealer Bristol Street Motors Beaconsfield that, my New MG ZS EV Trophy Long Range which I placed an order on 10th January 2022 now expected to get deliver in March 2023, that to not sure.. At the time of the sale, they gave us delivery time of May 2022, then July 2022, then 25th August 2022, then September 2022 and today March 2023. Is this really true MG Motor UK ?
I ordered from Beaconsfield as well end of December, just in time to get the £1500 Grant same lies all along. It was gonna be March and it was gonna be July now here we are in September. I’ve just switched my order to an MG4 which hopefully will come this month, £1500 grant lost but they have asked for the full money via text message yesterday, so I suspect they will only do that If they know the mg4 is going to be in the first batch and delivered in the next week or two.

Talked to my dealer yesterday and he is saying there is no logic to when the cars are delivered. He has one ordered in Nov just landing and one ordered in Jan just getting a build date and then plenty of orders between those dates still tba. What in earth are Saic doing??

Re the EV grant, and possibly losing it due to the time taken to deliver.
Ultimately the government, via the relevant department Office of Zero Emission Vehicles (OZEV), decide whether to extend the eligibility time.
If practical I'd suggest writing to your MP to ask them to look at ensuring any currently eligible orders are honoured even if delivery is delayed past the current limit.
I've knocked up a template if anyone else wants to try contacting their MP

[MP Name],

I'm writing to ask for assistance, or clarification, on the Office of Zero Emissions (OZEV) grant in light of the current extremely long delays in delivering vehicles.

For background;
I ordered an Electric Vehicle (EV) in [date] via a [leasing company/dealer].
Due to various circumstances the delivery of the vehicle has been repeatedly delayed, originally to August/September and currently I'm given an estimated delivery of March 2023.
When ordered the vehicle was eligible for a OZEV grant of [£2500/£1500].

The issue now is that because the vehicle will take such a long time to be delivered the grant may no longer be available, as the vehicle should be delivered within 12 months of the order to continue to be eligible.
The [leasing company/dealer] have advised that if the grant is withdrawn, they'll have no choice but to add it to the purchase price, which is understandable.

My understanding is that this one [leasing company/dealer] has in the region of 400 orders of this one model of vehicle and this issue is replicated across most vehicle manufacturers and dealers/leasing companies.

I'm on a few EV related forums and it's clear that a lot of people are already cancelling their orders, many in anticipation of this additional cost, and that many more will go on to cancel in the event the grant is withdrawn.
My, admittedly anecdotal, experience is that in many cases they will be continuing with, or even reverting back to, petrol/diesel vehicles.

The grant is there to help push adoption of EV vehicles and I fear that it's removal, by circumstances outside of the control of the purchaser or the supplying dealer, will hinder that adoption.
People that do move to driving EVs help foster acceptance of them as a valid and practical form of transport by passing on practical experience of the day to day running of them.
If they cancel their orders then when they pass on their experience of EVs it will be to lambast the purchase, and not the driving experience.

From a purely selfish personal standpoint I will, as you can imagine, struggle to absorb such a large extra payment.
I currently drive an EV, and wish to continue with one but, as things stand, I would also have to consider returning to a "conventional" vehicle.

What I would like to ask is that the grant eligibility timescale be extended, given the current extenuating circumstances, and could the OZEV department make this clear to dealers/leasing companies?
I accept the eligibility timescale can't be open ended but I feel it is not unreasonable to extend the timescale by, for example, a year to 18 months?

Best regards,
[Your name]

[Your full address]

Tel: [phone number]
Make sure you do include your proper name and address, they will only deal with you if you can show you are a constituent.

Re the EV grant, and possibly losing it due to the time taken to deliver.
Ultimately the government, via the relevant department Office of Zero Emission Vehicles (OZEV), decide whether to extend the eligibility time.
If practical I'd suggest writing to your MP to ask them to look at ensuring any currently eligible orders are honoured even if delivery is delayed past the current limit.
IMO, it is MG that dealers should be pushing, not individuals pushing HMG. MG should be delivering cars in the order of OZEV grant applications. At the moment, they are delivering cars against early stock orders from dealers who are then selling them onto new customers at inflated prices. There are plenty of cars available to meet the 12 month OZEV deadline, but not if MG deliver stock cars in preference to customer ordered cars. MG should be delivering cars against OZEV application dates until they have fulfilled all the early customer orders. Once this is complete, they can then go back to delivering stock cars.

IMO, it is MG that dealers should be pushing, not individuals pushing HMG. MG should be delivering cars in the order of OZEV grant applications. At the moment, they are delivering cars against early stock orders from dealers who are then selling them onto new customers at inflated prices. There are plenty of cars available to meet the 12 month OZEV deadline, but not if MG deliver stock cars in preference to customer ordered cars. MG should be delivering cars against OZEV application dates until they have fulfilled all the early customer orders. Once this is complete, they can then go back to delivering stock cars.
You'd hope they already are but asking as a constituent and spreading that message over many MPs will, hopefully, be more likely to get results.

do you have any evidence of that happening? My order was supposedly stock

Back in June my exact car was been offered for sale by my dealer (confirmed when I rang the dealer direct) but claimed they couldn't sell it to me due to financial penality from MG.

I think availability is so low now that the only thing being offered are previous cancellations. But even then, the right thing to do would be to give first refusal to waiting customers.

Back in June my exact car was been offered for sale by my dealer (confirmed when I rang the dealer direct) but claimed they couldn't sell it to me due to financial penality from MG.

I think availability is so low now that the only thing being offered are previous cancellations. But even then, the right thing to do would be to give first refusal to waiting customers.
I’m really going off MG. Sure the car and prices are great, but their business model stinks. I note that they aren’t accredited by the motor ombudsman. Any issues with warranty claims and I suspect you are stuffed

Hi - we ordered ZS EV early July. Latest from dealer is 'it's on the boat and docks on 6 October.' Only one vehicle boat docks at Portbury on that date, Dalian Highway. Am tracking it and it's currently in the Indian Ocean on time. Next stop Suez on 26th. Here's hoping!
Who and how did you contact to be able to track this? My dealership are advising me they have no delivery date but I have the order number. Many thanks

Glad I’m not the only one, that’s a bit peed off with MG, they had a silver ZS Trophy or TC sitting in the showroom when I went the other day, a paper “sold” in the front window of it, was told (I think) they said it was a per-ordered? And also a SR, I don’t know how you can tell the difference? By looking at it.. But have the feeling if I had ordered a SR silver trophy then I would have been told it’s a LR..starting to think, just keep the Mercedes…which I wouldn’t mind, it’s a lovely car, don’t fancy the MG4, from what I’ve seen of it on YouTube.. I’m really in two minds of knocking the ZS on the head and running the Merc, but at the minute, am prepared to wait a bit for the ZS, I waited 9 months, so I hope it’s not going to be to much longer and I’m reading of people on here who ordered around the same time as me (17/12/21) starting to see their car turn up.. Even though it still states it’s on shortage…trying not to think about it as I think id just say fudge it and cancel, if I did that bet your bottom dollar it’ll turn up the next day..

Last edited by a moderator:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom