MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Why are we being told lies I asked the dealers only 2 months ago about my ZS and they told me it was on a ship now they tell me today that MG Ireland have cancelled all deliveries of cars to Ireland this year what is going on someone is lying can anyone tell me in Ireland has anyone received notice that there mg zs can be collected in any other dealership in Ireland or is my dealer just lying to me Johnson and Perrott it would be great to know so if someone is getting a car in the next couple of weeks in Ireland from another dealership would you please let us know thank you

Having been on the periphery of this forum for a month or so I thought I would share my interaction with RRG Stockport today. I ordered the MG ZS EV LR in Blue in Mid April. I was originally told late Sept and when I chased a month ago this moved to late Oct. I know a hell of a lot of you have ordered wayyyy before me so I appreciated recently that September was not likely to happen. Speaking with the dealership today (who did confirm my contract and grant were secure) he tried to assure me that MG were not building ANY ZS EV's currently and only the MG4 in the factory and they weren't expecting any vehicles at their location in September. My due date would be "early 2023".
Obviously he's misinformed because many of you are anticipating deliveries of which I told him this. He told me that, they will be told by MG a month before the vehicles are due to arrive which I imagine is when they arrive onshore in the UK and are inspected.
There was not point arguing with him so I expect all I can do is chase each month to see if they're expecting anything in. Has anyone else ordered through RRG Stockport?.
hi it's the same as Holcroft Warrington I can't get reference number and he said they no ev for couple of months, mobility Steve

Hi , im new here . we've ordered an MG ZS EV in August does anyone know any news of cars getting shipped in , The Garage keeps saying no word ? feel like we are getting mucked about . Said it would be middle September now saying possibly end of September . Thank you
Today, I got an update from my car dealer Bristol Street Motors Beaconsfield that, my New MG ZS EV Trophy Long Range which I placed an order on 10th January 2022 now expected to get deliver in March 2023, that to not sure.. At the time of the sale, they gave us delivery time of May 2022, then July 2022, then 25th August 2022, then September 2022 and today March 2023. Is this really true MG Motor UK ?

Today, I got an update from my car dealer Bristol Street Motors Beaconsfield that, my New MG ZS EV Trophy Long Range which I placed an order on 10th January 2022 now expected to get deliver in March 2023, that to not sure.. At the time of the sale, they gave us delivery time of May 2022, then July 2022, then 25th August 2022, then September 2022 and today March 2023. Is this really true MG Motor UK ?
They can’t answer that question because they don’t know!

Unfortunately no body knows but from the rumours and whats been said on here it's looking highly likely next year I's the case my dealer said we may see a few more end of year as they like to get as many out for there quota targets then they ramp it up again in new year for the 23 reg for march so I wouldn't put it past your dealer if that's the case

Hello!

Ordered my ZSEV LR TC on 8/12/21 through Novuna Vehicle Solutions on Hire Lease. Suited me with the way my work is at the moment. It's being handled by Richmond MG, Portsmouth so I have had a few calls with them over all this time to see if there are any updates. My latest estimate is end October, but I wouldn't be surprised if it rolls over. Fortunately I got in before the gov't grant ended and have it in writing that they will honour the pricing even if it rolls over 12 months from order date. I managed to get the charging point installed 6 months ago before the grant on that ended and I can't wait to move over to electric from a really thirsty Mazda CX-5 Diesel. :-/
Ordered the exact car as you in Feb and still TBA, I hope people who ordered before me get delivery before me.

Unfortunately no body knows but from the rumours and whats been said on here it's looking highly likely next year I's the case my dealer said we may see a few more end of year as they like to get as many out for there quota targets then they ramp it up again in new year for the 23 reg for march so I wouldn't put it past your dealer if that's the case
Just about ready for the Chinese New Year ‘shut down’ then

They are a finance company by the look of it and just put you into contact with a dealer
Does this new-car-discount.com sound too good to be true? Saying they have the long range Trophy ZS EVs in stock next month, when everyone else seems to be waiting a year for them. Does anyone have any experience of buying from these people?
New-car-discount are an online retailer/broker. We've bought several business vans from them over the years and ordered an MG ZS EV from them in April 2022 which arrived in May 2022. They only have a limited colour choice usually and the availability will fluctuate as it depends on the dealers they work with so offers appear and are often quickly sold out. They currently have some limited deals with vehicles arriving in October.
They are excellent in keeping you informed. I'm not sure if their current offers are for vehicles with the panoramic sunroof.
We bought our ZS unseen but have owned a Zoe beforehand. The ZS is the best vehicle we've owned.
Hope this helps if you feel your existing dealer is mucking you around completely.

So, If I will be getting my new car in March 2023. Will that be 23 reg number or 22 as I booked in January 2022?

Hi , im new here . we've ordered an MG ZS EV in August does anyone know any news of cars getting shipped in , The Garage keeps saying no word ? feel like we are getting mucked about . Said it would be middle September now saying possibly end of September . Thank you
Good afternoon , we did order our car back in 11th of June potential delivery date is 01.01.2023.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just called in my dealer as we were passing and got the still TBA and he say next year it is what it is got it on such a good deal that the only way and can get anywhere near is 2nd hand with high mileage

So, If I will be getting my new car in March 2023. Will that be 23 reg number or 22 as I booked in January 2022?
? the plate is determined by when the car is registered.

Why are we being told lies I asked the dealers only 2 months ago about my ZS and they told me it was on a ship now they tell me today that MG Ireland have cancelled all deliveries of cars to Ireland this year what is going on someone is lying can anyone tell me in Ireland has anyone received notice that there mg zs can be collected in any other dealership in Ireland or is my dealer just lying to me Johnson and Perrott it would be great to know so if someone is getting a car in the next couple of weeks in Ireland from another dealership would you please let us know thank you

This thread might be of use to you as it does sound as though you're being given the run around. Maybe one of them can shed a bit more light on their experience locally:

New-car-discount are an online retailer/broker. We've bought several business vans from them over the years and ordered an MG ZS EV from them in April 2022 which arrived in May 2022. They only have a limited colour choice usually and the availability will fluctuate as it depends on the dealers they work with so offers appear and are often quickly sold out. They currently have some limited deals with vehicles arriving in October.
They are excellent in keeping you informed. I'm not sure if their current offers are for vehicles with the panoramic sunroof.
We bought our ZS unseen but have owned a Zoe beforehand. The ZS is the best vehicle we've owned.
Hope this helps if you feel your existing dealer is mucking you around completely.
I have ordered through them (in March) with delivery expected end of this month. They have kept me up to date.
I have also been in contact with a few owners who have ordered an MG ZS through them, all seems well, the cars being delivered directly to your home. Only negative comment I have seen is that generally the cars need a good wash, but inside clean with PDI carried out by MG. I shall post how things go.

If you have a look on Boards.ie, there is a tread there for MG ZS EV Facelift as well. Grumpypants got his delivered about 3-4 weeks ago in Dublin. I was into Linders about 2 weeks ago and there was no talk of any delays for the rest of the year. Early January order with expected delivery for late October\November. Will keep it updated as soon as I have any updates.

Hi everyone, I thought that as I have now had mg beautiful black beauty for a month now I would give you a update. I have driven about 700 miles now and so far used 129 kWh charge (saying that she still has 62% battery charge left, that = 220 mls according to my mg app) this equates to roughly £40 total for 700 miles travel. My old Seat Ateca averaged about 45 mpg so therefore 700 miles would of cost me about £115 so looking at those figures I'm VERY pleased with my little beauty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re the EV grant, and possibly losing it due to the time taken to deliver.
Ultimately the government, via the relevant department Office of Zero Emission Vehicles (OZEV), decide whether to extend the eligibility time.
If practical I'd suggest writing to your MP to ask them to look at ensuring any currently eligible orders are honoured even if delivery is delayed past the current limit.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom