MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Having been on the periphery of this forum for a month or so I thought I would share my interaction with RRG Stockport today. I ordered the MG ZS EV LR in Blue in Mid April. I was originally told late Sept and when I chased a month ago this moved to late Oct. I know a hell of a lot of you have ordered wayyyy before me so I appreciated recently that September was not likely to happen. Speaking with the dealership today (who did confirm my contract and grant were secure) he tried to assure me that MG were not building ANY ZS EV's currently and only the MG4 in the factory and they weren't expecting any vehicles at their location in September. My due date would be "early 2023".
Obviously he's misinformed because many of you are anticipating deliveries of which I told him this. He told me that, they will be told by MG a month before the vehicles are due to arrive which I imagine is when they arrive onshore in the UK and are inspected.
There was not point arguing with him so I expect all I can do is chase each month to see if they're expecting anything in. Has anyone else ordered through RRG Stockport?.
That's not good news for us waiting

Had a phone call from my dealer today to say my car is here, Silver Long Range Trophy, ordered 10 December 2021. Should be collecting it sometime next week. Hopefully the long wait will have been worth it. Looking forward to going all electric. Just got to spend some time driving about this weekend as I only just filled up the car last week.............

Had a phone call from my dealer today to say my car is here, Silver Long Range Trophy, ordered 10 December 2021. Should be collecting it sometime next week. Hopefully the long wait will have been worth it. Looking forward to going all electric. Just got to spend some time driving about this weekend as I only just filled up the car last week.............
You could always syphon it out of the tank. I've got an extra strong mint for when you've finished if you want it. :)

You could always syphon it out of the tank. I've got an extra strong mint for when you've finished if you want it. :)
That's "old skool". Just do what the Yoof do and drill a hole* in the tank.🙄

* Normally in the bottom, but in this case maybe in the side towards the bottom to leave enough to get to the garage. 😳

I doubt it ordered mine early in January still to be built battersea blue LR Trophy
I've been watching in the back ground for months hoping mine would turn up ordered in Feb from list ordered in November with Chorley nissan mg red long range trophy not built either motability makes me wonder what's going on

Further update from mg regarding my second email to them that I was not happy with their standard response

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220909-201517.png
    Screenshot_20220909-201517.png
    532.1 KB · Views: 249
  • Screenshot_20220909-201514.png
    Screenshot_20220909-201514.png
    623.6 KB · Views: 253
Last edited by a moderator:
Further update from mg regarding my second email to them that I was not happy with there standard response
This further illustrates that they have no idea.

The fact they are throwing in 'you order is quite old and should be one of the first to be fulfilled once we...' when your order is April and there are ones like mine from January that still haven't been built, is just silly.

They just need to say 'we don't know'.

This further illustrates that they have no idea.

The fact they are throwing in 'you order is quite old and should be one of the first to be fulfilled once we...' when your order is April and there are ones like mine from January that still haven't been built, is just silly.

They just need to say 'we don't know'.
It a disgrace 😔

I agree with you all I was wondering that been honist I have been allocated a Feb order from my dealer but like they said they really do not now when its coming if it isn't here by Feb next year I will be looking to cancel at that point if still shows tba as I'll be left with no choice as I have to hand my car back

Further update from mg regarding my second email to them that I was not happy with there standard response
Did the exact same, told them I wasn’t happy with their response and they replied almost word for word as they did you.
The only difference is the comment about them claiming they have never told a dealer that there is a big shipment due in September and want to know who it is. Even though they have my order number and all my details 😂😂

Attachments

• EBEEDAE5-B427-4A32-AA98-17CC5256F9EC.png
    EBEEDAE5-B427-4A32-AA98-17CC5256F9EC.png
    721.5 KB · Views: 194
GRANDE ROMA, THERMOPYLAE, MORNING PRIDE, CEPHEUS LEADER, PROMETEUS LEADER, GLOVIS SUNRISE, NEPTUNE PHOS, GLOVIS CORONA.
All this ships come from China to UK or Europe

Did the exact same, told them I wasn’t happy with their response and they replied almost word for word as they did you.
The only difference is the comment about them claiming they have never told a dealer that there is a big shipment due in September and want to know who it is. Even though they have my order number and all my details 😂😂
It may be that MGUk and dealers don't have a clue about the future pipeline of deliveries, but the question is why not. Dealers know what has been ordered and when. This has been passed to MGUk and MGUk has passed it to SAIC. Even allowing for parts shortages and batch manufacturing SAIC must have a forward production schedule which you would hope correlates as much as possible with worldwide demand. It must also be booking shipping in advance to match this production. Information must therefore be available within SAIC/MGUk on future deliveries. It's just not being shared with dealers and us. Having ordered in December and not heard a peep from my dealer (unless I contact them) I'm afraid the conclusion I'm coming to is that I'd rather spend my money with a group that treats me with a bit more respect. Even if I have to spend more of it.

Thank you everyone for your help! I called my other 2 local MG dealers (Croxdale Durham & Richard Hardie Sunderland) who both advised 90% of their business over the past 2 weeks has been from disgruntled Vic Young customers. I have managed to secure a cancellation from Croxdale (White Trophy LR due to arrive Oct) however Richard Hardie do have a Blue Long Range SE due at the end of this month if anyone would be interested.

On another note I’d advice anyone up north to avoid Vic Young (South Shields) like the plague!!

They must all sit next to each other in the office and play a game.of hang man with words on what to use next on a email

I'm stuck because that's my max budget on what I can afford rang about a Kia niro the other day and it's around 36k for the niro 2 version , looked at the mokka e it's too small .

Just hope the wait is worthwhile and I don't get a message in the new year that it's still tba

As it's plainly obvious that MG have a very uninterested/ haphazard stance on car delivery. What will they be like if and when cars experience problems? I've committed on the Vanarama posts that they are owned by Autotrader and as such perhaps they could raise concerns and experiences people are having with MG!

It may be that MGUk and dealers don't have a clue about the future pipeline of deliveries, but the question is why not. Dealers know what has been ordered and when. This has been passed to MGUk and MGUk has passed it to SAIC. Even allowing for parts shortages and batch manufacturing SAIC must have a forward production schedule which you would hope correlates as much as possible with worldwide demand. It must also be booking shipping in advance to match this production. Information must therefore be available within SAIC/MGUk on future deliveries. It's just not being shared with dealers and us. Having ordered in December and not heard a peep from my dealer (unless I contact them) I'm afraid the conclusion I'm coming to is that I'd rather spend my money with a group that treats me with a bit more respect. Even if I have to spend more of it.
That’s exactly happened to me since I order mine MG ZS LRTC in January no communication from dealer. Always I ringing them and they even said to me don’t ring us.

Popped in to the dealership, still waiting a build date for it? Was also told that santander have put there price up as the interest rate has gone up, (only 1% on a PCP) so that’s ok, also told I may lose the £1.5k from MG and they may or will have to look at my trade in price for my car again…I’m starting to think, if I’m going to lose the 1.5k and money for my car, I may just cancel it and keep what I have..but I’ll wait till it turns up…the only thing is I have a EV box on the wall, no big deal and I wonder if I’d get my £250 deposit back from them..don’t see why not..they won’t have a problem selling it..

makes me think, steve401 has got the same car as I’ve ordered, only I ordered 9 days later, I’ve been told they are done by ordered number, well if that’s the case, why does mine still saying waiting a build date?…

Last edited:
Popped in to the dealership, still waiting a build date for it? Was also told that santander have put there price up as the interest rate has gone up, (only 1%) ok, also told I may lose the £1.5k from MG and they may or will have to look at my trade in price for my car again…I’m starting to think, if I’m going to lose the 1.5k and money for my car, I may just cancel it and keep what I have..but I’ll wait till it turns up…the only think is I have a EV box on the wall, no big deal and I wonder if I’d get my £250 deposit back from them..don’t see why not..
You really seem to be having an awful experience Doc!

Can see no reason why you would not be returned your deposit.

I too lost the £1500 contribution to my finance deal and the lower 1% discount from my ZS order, funny thing is, by ordering the MG4, the monthly PCP deal was cheaper (even when you consider the 2K more for the ZS than the 4). Only by a little in all fairness.

I guess if you are sticking with the ZS, and have no interest in the MG4, then this monthly deal may not be as easy on the eye as your previous one. If the residuals on the ZS have increased, I doubt you will really be out of pocket much.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom