slow acceleration when speed up over 60kmph

Georgito

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Hi everyone

Collected my blue SE last week - overal very happy with the car , but just noticed when I going to highway and try to spped up from approx 60 kmph , the pedal, even I push the pedal to the floor, car accelerate very slow , takes a while to reach 100 kmph ..

I noticed similar thread back in July , but no follow up on this

Is anyone else having same issue ?

Thank you very much

Here's your main thread about this. There have been a couple of others started since by people who also noticed the fault. Is yours the SR battery? Because it seems it's always (usually?) the SR that's affected.

Worth reading through it.

Until a couple of weeks ago I think most people on the forum would have told you to give your car back and demand a refund and run a mile. The fault has caused a number of people, particularly Bowser, an enormous amount of grief. However, about the end of July, an update to the battery management system came out which seems to be being applied to all SE SR cars (mine had it on 31st July, although I never had this problem), and the people who were affected are now reporting it's OK. I don't think any of them have come back and said the fault has recurred.

So if it is the same fault, and this update is the cure, you need to get your dealer to do it. But be firm with them. This fault can be an absolute bugger and several cars have been rejected because of it.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 516 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.7%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back