Slow charging

Hi, it looks ok to me if the photo's show how much you have charged rather than the rate? At 7kW after 8.4 mins you will have added 0.98kWh (or 8.7 mins at 6.8kW)
No that is the rate. Off my Hypervolt I was getting less than 1 kW. It’s sorted now though, user error. Buried in the Hypervolt settings in the dark places I tend not to go, it was set to solar only. Not much good when I don’t have solar panels. (Apparently solar only trickle charges off the mains to maintain battery health) Changed the settings and it’s all good. It’s actually plugged in now and charging at 6.47 kW. Thanks all though. Like I said I’m new to all this EV lark and learning as I go.

Attachments

• 9C763169-F2C0-4FD7-B3EC-9897436165AF.png
    9C763169-F2C0-4FD7-B3EC-9897436165AF.png
    790.6 KB · Views: 93
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm amazed that the EVSE could get the car to charge at less than 6 A, which is about 1.4 kW. I'd actually like to know how it was done, as I often have less than 1.4 kW of solar available, and would still like to top up the car with solar without depleting the house battery.

I'm amazed that the EVSE could get the car to charge at less than 6 A, which is about 1.4 kW. I'd actually like to know how it was done, as I often have less than 1.4 kW of solar available, and would still like to top up the car with solar without depleting the house battery.
Wish I could help you there, I have no idea though - clearly 😂

Just a guess but with no solar there is no CT clamp on the solar line? Some sort of default setting?

Some sort of default setting?
Yes, but as far as I know there is no pilot signal that says say 3 A of charging. All very well for the EVSE to decide "let's charge at 3 A today", but how does it communicate this to the vehicle?

Maybe it requests PLC (Power Line Communications). But I would not expect an MG to handle such signals, when it's an AC "charger".

Worth checking the app setting to make sure you’re using Boost Mode rather than one of the Eco modes

DD9BFDFD-0E3B-4E01-A5C1-CA52282AC674.png

Also check the Energy Usage & Analytics pages, should show the kWh used for a period of time to let you see if car is reporting differently from expected.

Failing that, Hypervolt support have been good. You’ve maybe got a defective unit that needs replaced under warranty.

Worth checking the app setting to make sure you’re using Boost Mode rather than one of the Eco modes

View attachment 8934

Also check the Energy Usage & Analytics pages, should show the kWh used for a period of time to let you see if car is reporting differently from expected.

Failing that, Hypervolt support have been good. You’ve maybe got a defective unit that needs replaced under warranty.
Bang on. A quick chat with Hypervolt revealed that was the problem. It was set to super eco. And with no solar panels on the house (yet) it maxed out at 1 kW to maintain the battery but nothing more. You live you learn eh?

Last edited by a moderator:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom