Small rectangle under the reg plate???

CDR

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Does anyone know what the small rectangle is under the reg plate? I was wondering is it a sensor?
20200909_185537.jpg

Thanks. Yes I got two warnings that the front radar was blocked. Tey reset themselves after a few mins

Has anyone had a problem (maybe only in Australia?) with their number plates partly obscuring this radar? Ours seems to partly cover it🤔
There's not much grace when you fit the number plate, I bought a chrome surround and raised it up and have no problem, I know if it gets really dirty or covered in snow etc. you get a warning.

There's not much grace when you fit the number plate, I bought a chrome surround and raised it up and have no problem, I know if it gets really dirty or covered in snow etc. you get a warning.
You are absolutely bang on @Dave53.
If was in a similar location on my previous VW Golf.
When we have driving snow, it would block out the sensor and send a message to the driver, informing that the system was not available at this present time.

The MG's sensor doesn't get blocked by snow in my experience, seems to be in a good position.
My Ateca's radar was behind the Seat badge on the grille and it always got blocked driving in snow.

The MG's sensor doesn't get blocked by snow in my experience, seems to be in a good position.
My Ateca's radar was behind the Seat badge on the grille and it always got blocked driving in snow.
Do you live in Scotland😂😂😂 it sticks to the sensor, had a warning on two occasions when snowing but it was bad, anything that close to the road is going to give issues at some point.

You are absolutely bang on @Dave53.
If was in a similar location on my previous VW Golf.
When we have driving snow, it would block out the sensor and send a message to the driver, informing that the system was not available at this present time.
Yes that happened on my Suzuki Baleno

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom