Smart app doesnt recognise the bind.

MG Unbinded my Trophy, I deleted the app reinstalled it with my original email and password, like you all is working now, I just wonder if MG has updated the software in the App, as my car was unbinded remotely, just pleased all is now back to normal !!

I have an EV4 but can’t for the life of me work out where to find the QR code so that I can link my iPhone via the MG app… Can anyone help? I think it will allow me to turn the car on and heat it up remotely which would be very handy.

After many emails to MG head office they finally agreed to unbind the car, I was asked for the Vin number prof of ownership, the unbind was done over the internet via the cars SIM card. Please to advise after logging on to my original email and password it worked, the app has just been updated again 4 days ago with no problem.

There is potentially an ongoing issue regarding this. I would recommend to keep trying in the meantime and if after a few days it is still not working then the dealership is your route.

I have had my MG for over a year and it was bound, however when the update came through on the app it says on the car when I try to bind it through the app, the car is already bound, so I don't know what to do.

I have had my MG for over a year and it was bound, however when the update came through on the app it says on the car when I try to bind it through the app, the car is already bound, so I don't know what to do.
Log into the app with your original credentials (either email or mobile number without the first 0)
This has been stated many times in this and other similar threads.

Mine binds and shows user on app and car. If I try use the app it always asks to re bind. Any ideas. Tried apple and Android

Ive took delivery of my MG4 this week , wonderful car to drive. I cannor get the ismart app to bind though, it takes my details from the qr code however the app hasnt recognised the bind and continues to request a bind , very frustrating, is there a technical help line or has someone experieced a similar issue and found a resolution please.Thanks
Mine arrived on wed. It wouldn't bind. I had to uninstall the app, restart my phone and restart the car. A few times ..

It worked eventually and now the app works. However, the car still thinks that it isn't bound when I click on the user button in the car....

Mine arrived on wed. It wouldn't bind. I had to uninstall the app, restart my phone and restart the car. A few times ..

It worked eventually and now the app works. However, the car still thinks that it isn't bound when I click on the user button in the car....
When you restart the car, are you holding the home button till it reboots?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 510 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back