Software fixes - Current status ?

IanMK

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
I've had my Trophy for around 10 days now and have become aware of several glitches: windows dropping, dangerous LKA, occasional unresponsive touchscreen, incorrect reported charge rate from granny charger, illegible on-board infotainment manual, etc. My Entertainment System version is R24. What improvement should I see if I ask for R33? Also, what bug fixes are forum members aware of and what patches should I ask my dealer for when I take it back later this week?

Regarding LKA, it doesn't aid understanding by using different terminology. The user manual mentions 'Lane Departure Assist' and 'Emergency Lane Keeping'. I assume that 'Lane Departure Assist' is LKA by another name and is the feature that yanks the steering wheel out of one's hands. Is this correct? What, then is 'Emergency Lane Keeping'? It seems that ELK is the feature that MG Pilot doesn't want turned off.

Yes, but I don't really relish the idea of going to the next town for support.
Incidentally, I just got into the car to have another attempt at binding it to the app and just happened to notice that the Driving Mode was set to 'Snow'. I don't know how that happened :unsure: The last thing I did was to charge it yesterday so I'll try and replicate the issue.

Is it me ? :rolleyes:
Have you got the lefthand star button set to driving mode by any chance and pressed accidentally?

I had my cruise control set to 40 as I was just leaving a 40mph area and just as I was about to use my thumb to click it up to 55 my car did an emergency stop. Now don't get me wrong I've had my share of MG weirdness but I think that the reason my car nearly stopped was because the car going into the 40mph zone had a driver and passenger with flaming yellow fluorescent T shirts on, nearly needed sunglasses 😎 so he warned.....

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back